+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Removing CSE? Does anyone know how? in Technical; We've inherited a CSE Network and want to remove the CSE Shell/Client and run it as a normal Windows Domain ...

Thank Post

Removing CSE? Does anyone know how?

We've inherited a CSE Network and want to remove the CSE Shell/Client and run it as a normal Windows Domain without CSE...

Does anyone know how to remove CSE without rebuilding the servers and all of the clients?

Any advice would be much appreciated? :-D

Ant

Thank Post
    Just uninstall the Workspace Explorer and related packages from the workstations in the control panel, and from the server in the same way.

Thank Post
    Thanks for getting back to me about it :-D

My knowledge of CSE is totally minimal, I don't even understand how it's installed?

I assume there is a central management console installed on one of the Domain Controllers that the Client side of things connects to for settings/policies etc?

We're basically two schools merging to become one, on our site we have a normal Windows Domain managed by us but the site we're taking over use's CSE which none of us have a clue about - only that from logging on a couple of times to the CSE network, it's awful, layout, design and usability is just shocking!

Thanks again for getting back to me, it's very much appreciated!

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by anthonygilbert View Post
    Thanks for getting back to me about it :-D

My knowledge of CSE is totally minimal, I don't even understand how it's installed?

I assume there is a central management console installed on one of the Domain Controllers that the Client side of things connects to for settings/policies etc?

We're basically two schools merging to become one, on our site we have a normal Windows Domain managed by us but the site we're taking over use's CSE which none of us have a clue about - only that from logging on a couple of times to the CSE network, it's awful, layout, design and usability is just shocking!

Thanks again for getting back to me, it's very much appreciated!
    Errrrrrr, it has faults yes but as a central management aspect on a XP/2003 network it's very good. More geared towards the non techie person to use - I have it running alongside [ still ] on our XP clients and it's quite handy for getting stuff to desktops quickly etc. It's certainly old now and I won't be keeping it if and when we move to 2008 / Windows 7.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread