+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Fed up of trying to keep your software installs up to date? in Technical; I know when it comes to making a new machines image you can spend half your time on finding and ...
    Thank Post

Fed up of trying to keep your software installs up to date?

I know when it comes to making a new machines image you can spend half your time on finding and downloading the software that needs to go on there.

Well, I've found a piece of software that can help. All I do now is create a folder called "New Machine Setup" and in there I have all the setup files.

To keep the setup files up to date is use Ketarin - Ketarin - keep your setup packages up to date

It's really good it checks for new versions of the software you specify, and if there is a new version it downloads it, so when it comes to making a new image you always have the latest versions and don't have to go trauling the net for hours!

D

2. Thanks to danrhodes from:

plexer (4th May 2010)

Thank Post
    I've been experimenting with using Ketarin in conjunction with Installpad. The latter downloads and installs progs based on an xml that you configure, but the downloading part was too complicated for me. The plan was to regularly update Ketarin and then set Installpad updating from the Ketarin "stock" according to pre-configured needs (Teacher, All, Private, Home etc etc). Got a bit stuck with some of the Ketarin set up, as it appears that it isn't easy to use it with Sourceforge links (let me know if you've cracked it!), and I've been a bit snowed under so it's all ground to a halt.

I did look into a view other similar ideas, but the above combo seemed (to me) the simplest/most attractive/non fugly way to do it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread