+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Policy Central verrrrry slow database access since server move in Technical; This may be something I need to contact Forensic software about, but I know there are a few here that ...

Thank Post

Policy Central verrrrry slow database access since server move

This may be something I need to contact Forensic software about, but I know there are a few here that use PCE and even more than might be able to diagnose a SQL problem.

Over easter we moved our database over to a new server. Its a virtual one, 2003 R2 running on Hyper-V with 2Gb RAM dedicated to it and a well specced CPU (with little else running on Hyper-V so far)

Followed instructions, everything went fine, all works perfectly, but when you try and display a page of captures it takes 20-30 seconds to load - on the old server it took about 3 or 4 seconds. Everything else on the web interface is speedy as it should be, its just when listing a large amount of captures.

If I go on the server, CPU usuage is on 100% for the whole time the page is loading, then drops back to nothing. Was just wondering, is there any tool I can use to see what the database is doing when the request is made?

When we transferred the database, we had to leave all the old captures behind, because there was 150GB+ of them, we no longer needed them and with 500,000 odd files it would have taken all day to copy them. So the database contains references to all these captures, but unsurprisingly they display a message that the images couldnt be found. Is there a possibility this could have something to do with it?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,575 Times in 1,254 Posts
    I would say this is probably more than likely the case as it's searching for this information, but by all means check with Forensic.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread