+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, A3 colour laser reccomendations in Technical; do you have any?...

Thank Post

A3 colour laser reccomendations

do you have any?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,715 Times in 1,526 Posts

Re: A3 colour laser reccomendations

Nope too expensive get an HP K850DN £300'ish with a 3 year replacement care pack.

Ben

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,069 Times in 934 Posts

I refuse to get A3 colour lasers, don't see the point of them, an A3 colour photocopier / scanner / printer costs to buy around the same price as one (you can get some now for around the £2K mark which when getting the same functionality as you would out of the copier in the printer would cost more than that), and also it passes the maintance headache onto someone else IE the copier firm. Running costs are also much lower.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by john
    I refuse to get A3 colour lasers, don't see the point of them, an A3 colour photocopier / scanner / printer costs to buy around the same price as one (you can get some now for around the £2K mark which when getting the same functionality as you would out of the copier in the printer would cost more than that), and also it passes the maintance headache onto someone else IE the copier firm. Running costs are also much lower.
    I would welcome recommendations for any company that leases an A3 colour PSC for that price.
    We have moved from inkjets because of running costs. (TCO)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Some of the schools round here hire colour photocopiers from Danwood.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by roymorden
    I would welcome recommendations for any company that leases an A3 colour PSC for that price.
    We have moved from inkjets because of running costs. (TCO)
    Can't help with the lasers but (and broken record time here) it's worth looking at getting an Epson 2400 and a CIS kit from MIS associates in the US... www.inksupply.com

I haven't done much work with A3 printers myself as there's not much call for them in Primaries although I do have a Canon iX4000 in testing.. The 2400 is supposed to be excellent quality though and so long as you ensure it's used regularly it saves an absolute bomb on consumables.

It'd certainly save you more than a laser which frankly isn't going to save you much more than the inkjet...

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    Some of the schools round here hire colour photocopiers from Danwood.
    EEEW Danwood!!! AARGH One firm I don't like, they are very over priced for the kit they provide, and the last time I had copiers from them I was not impressed with the support.

I use the Arena Group Arena Group. They are very good, great engineers and staff. If you want more info as well as a direct contact there just drop me a line and they will do you a very very good deal.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

EEEW Danwood!!! AARGH One firm I don't like, they are very over priced for the kit they provide, and the last time I had copiers from them I was not impressed with the support.
    I have no idea about prices/levels of support. Its got nothing to do with me. All i do is assign it an IP and setup the printer drivers on the server.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff
    I have no idea about prices/levels of support. Its got nothing to do with me. All i do is assign it an IP and setup the printer drivers on the server.
    Had a look at the CFS kits, unfortunately this environment (state high school) does notlend itself to having bottles of ink connected by tubes to a printer in a student accessible area.

I have found great savings to be made by switching to laser for both mono and colour. Take a look at www.kyoceramita.co.uk for a price comparison against your current inkjets, and if any of you have an inkjet that runs cheaper cpp i would be very interested.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

We have a C8008N.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,107 Times in 785 Posts

We have also purchased just recently a Kyocera FS-C8025DN quite cheaply with a 3year extended warranty £2450 for our technology suite. Not bad for our needs.

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by roymorden
    Had a look at the CFS kits, unfortunately this environment (state high school) does notlend itself to having bottles of ink connected by tubes to a printer in a student accessible area.
    True I suppose... My other half is a secondary teacher and we had a few of the kids take a look at one setup with a view to providing an honest insight on what they'd be tempted to do.

The answer was a locked box for the bottles and at worst a cover for the exposed tubing. Beyond that they weren't interested in something that would take more than a couple of minutes to remove. They also pointed out that they'd be rather obviously guilty if they tried to tamper with it as the ink would tag them pretty quickly

For all that though, still tempting and I suppose if you're in an environment where the kids will do anything without thinking then it's not an ideal solution.

Thank Post

I would steer clear of the Kyocera Kit, its horrid stuff, I have 4 kyocera copiers from a previous reprographics manager and they are nothing but trouble, and talking to the engineers that come out to them the printers are not much better either. Kyocera stuff is cheap, but its cheap for a very good reason - its cheap rubbish into them so you get cheap rubbish out of them.

@Bossman, that price you paid for that, if I remember my prices correctly would get a full colour photocopier with scanner and digital filing or near enough one, and thats an A3 one, I cannot find you product listed as current by Kyocera so cannot check its specs but I suspect the copier would be a much better machine than that.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

full colour photocopier with scanner and digital filing
    Touchy subject at our place :?

Thank Post

Quote Originally Posted by webman
    full colour photocopier with scanner and digital filing
    Touchy subject at our place :?
    Why is it that reprographics is that in a lot of places, they should do the simple thing and give it to the IT department, we know what we are talking about, we know what DPI is, and lets be honest every new decent copier out there comes with a built in LAN port for management if not print and scan out of the box now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread