+ Post New Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4
Windows Thread, Exchange 2007 OAB Help. in Technical; We have just started getting Synchronization errors when outlook tries to download the OAB. The error is: Not Downloading Office ...
  1. #1
    timbo343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leeds/York area, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,772
    Thank Post
    251
    Thanked 220 Times in 168 Posts
    Rep Power
    87

    Exchange 2007 OAB Help.

    We have just started getting Synchronization errors when outlook tries to download the OAB. The error is:
    Not Downloading Office Address book files. A server (URL) Could not be located.

    I have tried removing the OAB virtual directory and recreating it but there doesnt seem to be any files in the OAB folder. They are all located in "Program Files\Microsoft\Exchange Server\ExchangeOAB\{long random foldername}\"

    I have run this in EMS:
    Get-oabvirtualdirectory -Identity "OAB (Default Web Site)" | FL | Out-file -filepath "C:\settings.txt"

    and in the text file i have OfflineAddressBooks : {}
    where everything else is correct.

    Am i missing something, can anyone help me out please.

    Thanks

    Tim

  2. #2

    AngryTechnician's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    3,723
    Thank Post
    695
    Thanked 1,206 Times in 759 Posts
    Rep Power
    393
    On a workstation where this is failing:

    1. Open Outlook
    2. Hold down Ctrl on the keyboard and right-click on the Outlook icon in the system tray
    3. Select Test E-Mail Autoconfiguration
    4. Fill in your password and run the test, see if that throws up any errors.

  3. #3
    timbo343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leeds/York area, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,772
    Thank Post
    251
    Thanked 220 Times in 168 Posts
    Rep Power
    87
    Ive tried that already. It says, Autoconfiguration was unable to determine your settings. I have run Test-outllookwebservices and i get a couple of errors:

    ID: 1013 When contacting https://ServerFQDN/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error the underlying conneciton was closed. An unexpected error occured on a send.
    ID: 1013: When contacing https://serverFQDN/autodiscover/autodiscover.xml received the error authenication failed because the remote party has closed the transport stream.
    ID: 1006: Error The autodiscover service could not be contacted.

    This is starting to drive me metal and havent got a clue what it is.

  4. #4
    timbo343's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Leeds/York area, North Yorkshire
    Posts
    2,772
    Thank Post
    251
    Thanked 220 Times in 168 Posts
    Rep Power
    87
    got it working now.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Similar Threads

  1. Moving from Exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007
    By Geek_of_HeathMount in forum Windows Server 2008 R2
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 8th December 2009, 03:09 PM
  2. Exchange 2007 Moss 2007 offline
    By imiddleton25 in forum Windows
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10th November 2009, 10:13 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12th September 2008, 09:34 AM
  4. Upgrading exchange 2003 to Exchange 2007
    By ful56_uk in forum Windows
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 15th April 2008, 08:36 AM
  5. Exchange 2007 sp1 just killed my exchange
    By everton4europe in forum Windows
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 16th January 2008, 05:01 PM

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •