+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, SharePoint Calendars - Outlook - Required Fields in Technical; Hey Guys I've setup some calendars in SharePoint (Not sure what version SharePoint is, but it's pretty recent) as an ...

Thank Post

SharePoint Calendars - Outlook - Required Fields

Hey Guys

I've setup some calendars in SharePoint (Not sure what version SharePoint is, but it's pretty recent) as an electronic in-out board and a room booking system. We have these calendars syncronised with Outlook 2007 to make it easy to add and view entries both here at work and out of the office.

My question is, I've setup an additional required field on one of the SharePoint calendars but this isn't replicated in Outlook. I was hoping it would be like when you create a new word document from a SharePoint document library...it opens word locally but when you try and save back to SharePoint it prompts you to enter additional required information (if it's setup).

Does anyone have any ideas on how I can get round this? I thought about potentially creating a modified form in Outlook for new calendar appointments but not sure how I'd get these back to SharePoint so it updates the required fields?

Thanks in advance

Thank Post
    If someone comes up with some brilliant ideas here I would also be interested as I am currently trying to do the same thing.

Thank Post
    I've been looking for a link to back up my understanding but not finding much.

If you add a custom column to a sharepoint calendar it doesn't replicate it to outlook (doesn't matter which version of SharePoint/Office you are using).

The only way to do this is to develop and extend Outlook to see this custom column but again I'm finding it hard to find how to guides on this.

Sorry as thats not too much information!

A.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread