+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Disable Auto detect proxy settings using AppSense in Technical; Hello - having some fun configuring AppSense on XenDesktop but had a little setback with proxy configurations: We need the ...
    Thank Post

Disable Auto detect proxy settings using AppSense

Hello - having some fun configuring AppSense on XenDesktop but had a little setback with proxy configurations:

We need the user to log on with the Automatically Detect Proxy Settings check box unticked in order to use our proxy - I can't seem to find the ADMx setting in AppSense Environment Manager that will do this.

Has anyone else done this? If so, was it done using AppSense or was a registry key change?

I've forumed itand returned useful things like the location of connection settings at_

HK_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ Internet Settings\Connections

but having trouble finding the correct key/hex value to edit - even exporting my local configuration (with the box unticked) and importing it into the mandatory profile required for logging on using AppSense doesn't do the trick.

Thanks
    Michael

Thank Post
    I know this is old, but it's just in case you're still interested.

I've been having this problem for ages as well - how do you disable the auto proxy via the registry? In fact, is it even possible?

Well, yes and no.

If you're running only one type of Windows OS and only one type of Internet Explorer, then you're ok.
    The problems come when you're trying to do this with multiple versions of either (XP, Vista, 7 with 6,7,8, etc)

If you're just using one standard system, disable the auto proxy configuration then go to the
    HK_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\ InternetSettings\Connections
    and export the registry key. You could then use this to create a script to disable the settings as and when you need it.

But if it's over a few different versions of windows or IE, then you're stuffed. There's no universal disabler, though I wish there was.

Hope this helps.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread