+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Cancel Windows XP Repair Setup in Technical; Hi all I am carrying out a repair to a laptop, however, when the repair setup is at the "installing ...

Thank Post

Cancel Windows XP Repair Setup

Hi all

I am carrying out a repair to a laptop, however, when the repair setup is at the "installing drivers" stage it just hangs, it just sits there for hours saying "34 mins left".

I want to know if it is possible to cancel the setup, I have tried looking at the boot.ini and also rebuilding the bootcfg through recovery console but every time i re boot the machine starts the repair setup and then hangs, its driving me nuts!

Thanks for the advice

Thank Post
    Ok cancel that last post, I discovered why the repair was stuck on "34 mins left", the laptop was in a class and silly me i decided to leave it running a repair while it was in the class, now every time it paused at "34 mins left" the lovely teacher thought that it had frozen, so she kept on restarting the machine, so every time i walked in the machine was always at "34 mins left".

Ok i know its friday, and we all must be tired, but i made a number of mistakes here, number one, never leave a machine installing anything unattented in a classroom, number two, never believe anything a teacher tells you, especailly if it is I.T related.

I just took her word for it that the repair was stuck, so I unplugged the laptop and took it away to redo the repair, and yes it does pause for about 15 mins when it gets to the "34 mins left" message but if you leave it be, it will continue.

Sorted

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread