+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Powertools Wallpaper Changer in Technical; A user with elevated privileges has installed Powertools Wallpaper changer. Then the testteacher account logged on to the machine and ...

Thank Post

Powertools Wallpaper Changer

A user with elevated privileges has installed Powertools Wallpaper changer. Then the testteacher account logged on to the machine and somehow picked up the same thing. Then the testteacher account logged on to a laptop afterwards, and then I logged on to the same laptop.

Now my wallpapers are changing every 30 minutes too! Anyone know where these files are located so I can get rid of them? There's nothing to uninstall (as I haven't installed anything for this, I just got it by logging onto the same machine as another user that has it configured).

Thank Post
    That is strange!

From what I can recall the application installs to %programfiles%\WallpaperToy and then dumps a shortcut to the program in Start | All Programs| Startup folder for the user that has installed it.

It shouldn't have been picked up by other users unless the shortcut has actually been placed in the Startup folder for all users.

Could the user have installed the application to a shared network resource where everyone has access? Its the only explanation I can think of if you have picked up the program on your workstation.

You could also try running Process Monitor from Sysinternals to find where the software is running from think the exe is called WallpaperToy.exe

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread