+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Exporting emails, having problems. in Technical; I'm in the process of installing a new admin network at a small junior school and have hit a problem ...
    richard

Exporting emails, having problems.

I'm in the process of installing a new admin network at a small junior school and have hit a problem with exporting the heads emails to her new machine. The school has no mail server but a group of pop3 mail boxes that are hosted but their isp and each admin machine is configured to connect direct to the users mailbox.

The problem I have is that the company who did the IT support for the school before I started decided to put mozilla on the heads machine for some unknown reason and now I'm having great problems trying to export her email over to her nice new machine running Outlook 2003. I have done a great deal of searching in the net and tried a variety of programs that supposed to allow you to migrate emails, as well as trying several different tutorials but I have had no luck. There is one thing that doesn't help and thats the fact that she has almost 5,000 emails in her mailbox and she will not delete any of them even the spam.

So if any of you have any ideas I'd like to hear them.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: Exporting emails, having problems.

When I needed to export a Thunderbird store to an Outlook one, I found a program which converted the mails to Outlook Express format then used the Outlook import facility to import them from OE.

I don't know if it'll work with Mozilla but it's worth a try. This is the procedure I used.

In a Server Room cutting through a forest of Cat5e
    Thank Post

you'll be wanting this then. works like a charm, use it myself (use thunderbird)

http://mozbackup.jasnapaka.com/

richard

Quote Originally Posted by Norphy
    When I needed to export a Thunderbird store to an Outlook one, I found a program which converted the mails to Outlook Express format then used the Outlook import facility to import them from OE.

I don't know if it'll work with Mozilla but it's worth a try. This is the procedure I used.
    It doesn't work with mozilla 1.3.1

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Yowser, ye olde version of Mozilla.

Install Thunderbird on the machine and have it import the mail from Mozilla to Thunderbird. Then use the EML export routine and have OE import mail from that. Finally, you can use Outlook's import routine to get the mail from OE.

According to the Mozilla FAQ, Thunderbird can import mail from Mozilla 1.x so you should be safe. A long winded way of going about things but it should work

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread