+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Aghhhhhhh Urgent - Restoring Recyler folder! in Technical; Hiya, I may have made a rather big mistake!! i have moved user jbloggs is work into user dbloggs folder. ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,140 Times in 1,036 Posts

Aghhhhhhh Urgent - Restoring Recyler folder!

Hiya,

I may have made a rather big mistake!! i have moved user jbloggs is work into user dbloggs folder. user dbloggs has then just deleted the work. I moved all this stuff over a month ago and have no backups of the work before then, as at christmas the backup server was formatted and started again with bigger disks.

My dilemma is that i can see backup exec has all the files in the recyler folder in user dbloggs folder. i have tried to restore the recyler. but once apparently it is restored i cannot see the folder.

Also my next question is will the documents in the recyler just open?

we have an angry parent coming in this afternoon therefore i cannot wait to sort it!!

Thank Post
    Do you have "Hide protected operating system files" unticked and "Show hidden files and folders" ticked in Windows Explorer? Recycler won't show up otherwise - you should be able to restore it to a different folder I assume so you know it's definitely where you restored it to (if that makes sense).

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    Do you have "Hide protected operating system files" unticked and "Show hidden files and folders" ticked in Windows Explorer? Recycler won't show up otherwise - you should be able to restore it to a different folder I assume so you know it's definitely where you restored it to (if that makes sense).
    yeah i realised i had missed that one when i was looking.

i now can see the folders but not the contents but it has a file size and backup exec saw the contents of the folder so it is there windows just wont let me see it!!

Thank Post
    That doesn't sound right - with those options set here, the root of any of my drives has a Recycler folder, inside that there's a folder which is a GUID name + recycle bin icon, inside that folder there are any files/folders in there which can be dragged out of the bin and back to where they belong. Have you restored the file(s) with odd permissions, eg full for the dbloggs, nothing for you?

Thank Post
    nope i have just double checked i have full control. i get the guid name folder which says it is 60mb but wen opened does not display anything. there must be a option somewhere i havnt enabled to let me see the contents

Thank Post
    i have just opened it using total commander and can see all the files. there must be an explorer option that i havnt found.

Thanks neway

Toby

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread