+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Windows Thread, Switching to Microsoft Security Essentials in Technical; Found this Panda Cloud Antivirus, The first free cloud antivirus against viruses, spyware, rootkits and adware I'll try it out ...

Thank Post
    Found this
    Panda Cloud Antivirus, The first free cloud antivirus against viruses, spyware, rootkits and adware

I'll try it out

regards
    Simon
    PS got in installed on one machine - are there "safe" test virri out there to check it out?

Thank Post
    every virus it found, even when set up to destroy with as much viciousness as possible, it just displayed a message and let the virus do its stuff.
    I think we just get caught out with its name - its just called Sophos Anti-Virus - just cause its called that doesn't mean it actual does anything about a virus - its just Anti them

regards

Simon

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    the eicar test virus is the safe virus for testing

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tmcd35 View Post
    I got a VL license quote for Forefront. Outside of the School's agreement I got quoted nigh on £30 per client per month! Thats £12000 per month for 400 PC's or £144,000 per year!

So far the best deal I've found is AVG at around £12k every 2 years for the same number of machines. Did think about Avast but the quote was $$$'s even with an education discount.
    I'm surprised your AVG quote was so high - our renewal this year was in the region of £2500 for up to 30 servers and 450 clients - and it would've been a lot cheaper if I could have committed to a multiple year job.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,013 Times in 825 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpuffMonkey View Post
    I'm surprised your AVG quote was so high - our renewal this year was in the region of £2500 for up to 30 servers and 450 clients - and it would've been a lot cheaper if I could have committed to a multiple year job.
    I give up! too many figures running around my head and too much looking into licensing and getting quotes over the past few days. Did I really put £12k? Ooops, It was/works out at around £1200 per year. So £2500 every two years is pretty much bang on.

I'm going to drown myself in a cup of coffee and get my head straight.

The forefront quote I mentioned earlier was right though - even if the vendor was quoting for the wrong product

If Ray's prices are correct - which, being MS I'm sure they are, then Forefront is looking like the way I'd go after all - Oh hum!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123