+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Set MirrorPrint to No! in Technical; Came in this morning and people are complaing that all prints going to the suite printer (HP5400, installed on server ...
    Thank Post

Set MirrorPrint to No!

Came in this morning and people are complaing that all prints going to the suite printer (HP5400, installed on server and shared ot via a logon script) are mirrored, checked the printer properties on the server and its set to Mirror Image - No, go to logged on PC and check properties Mirror Image - Yes! I can set it to No but relogging on sets it back to Yes. Though I could reset it at login by changing the registry as it has a MirrorPrint key but it does not seem to have any effect by setting it to True or False. Anyone any ideas how this has been set or how I can retrieve the situation and set it back to being Mirror Image - No by default? We have locked user profiles for the users I have tested so far s didn't think it could have been saving thesettings back to a profile.

Thank Post
    have you tried deleting the printer from the machine and deleting the drivers so that it will re-install upon next logon?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by James2k View Post
    have you tried deleting the printer from the machine and deleting the drivers so that it will re-install upon next logon?
    After a bit of googling it seems its an issue with SP3, (I updated the 2003 server last week to install WSUS) so that seems to have been the change point. HP's answer is to set the option to No which is fine but I can't seem to get it to save that setting other than with a customised profile in the printer features and unfortunately when PC's log on the customised one is not the default print profile! All the other preset profiles general printing etc are set with a mirror print to Yes and seem to revert to Yes no matter what I do! I'll keep digging.

Thank Post
    what if you take the printer out of the profile and set it via a VBS script for each room?

Here we use VBS scripts to attach printers to computers in certain rooms.

Thank Post
    Got the problem sorted now thanks, bit of a Eureka....Doh! momemt really. Had one last look at the printer setting and for the features it was set as I had wanted it on a custom profile as no mirror printing, then just had a look at the printer properties themselves and low and behold there is a Printer Defaults button ( I always looked atit and thought it just reset it to its install defaults but no, it allowed me to set the printers default settings to what I wanted :-) So now I know how to set the other printers to default to B+W no matter what they last used it as. Printer savings here we come!!!!
    Seems to work so far (no thanks to HP and Microsoft!!!)

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread