+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Windows 7 - No internet connectivity in Technical; Originally Posted by mattx I get this all the time on my Windows7 box - on boot up I have ...

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mattx View Post
    I get this all the time on my Windows7 box - on boot up I have to disable the nic and then re-enable - made a script for it in the end - can't be bothered to find the proper fix. [ Can't be bothered in regards to anything IT related at all lately ]
    "Sarcastically says, that's why I got an apple mac" lol

I know that feeling.

Back to the windows 7 issue - if you go into safe mode, un install the nic, install the nic with the latest drivers and reboot is that better ?

If not then am guessing you will have to find the commands to reset winsock / tcp / ip etc - am guessing it will be similiar to windows xp but am not 100% sure

Also maybe reset IE completely and try a different web browser ie firefox

Thank Post
    Fixed by rebooting the router.

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,569 Times in 2,186 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Just a follow up on this, I had a very simmilar fault with an RC1 7 box that I had not yet reinstalled. It would take several enable/disables of the card and several disconnect/connects to actually pick up the network propperly. It would just sit at Local Access Only. I tried assing a different Wireless NIC, power settings, two wireless NICs at the same time none of which really helped.

It turned out to be an issue with the network identification subsystem that had somehow got a little messed up. To fix this I disabled the following services:
    Network Location Awareness
    Network List Service

Then went into device manager and uninstalled the WLAN devices, leaving the drivers. I then rebooted the computer which picked up the WLAN adapter again then set both services back to automatic. Once this was done I reconnected to the wireless network (reproviding details as these are also erased).

This appeared to wipe the damaged NLA (Network Location Awareness) data, it connected up perfectly and has since.

Not sure if this little issue made it into the full release but it could be useful for others to try if simmilar issues develop.

t_h
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    "Sarcastically says, that's why I got an apple mac" lol
    My experience with Macs and wireless has been the complete opposite of "just works". I bought the first generation Core Duo iMac which turned out to have a terrible driver problem that was quite widespread at the time and crippled peoples connection speeds. Luckily a software update from Apple a few weeks later fixed it. Since then I've had a white MacBook and the new MacBook Pro and both have thrown an occasional (and more annoyingly, unexplained) hissy fit with their wireless connections. I've seen the same issue with friends MacBooks as well.

I must forgive them though as I keep buying the things!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by t_h View Post
    My experience with Macs and wireless has been the complete opposite of "just works". I bought the first generation Core Duo iMac which turned out to have a terrible driver problem that was quite widespread at the time and crippled peoples connection speeds. Luckily a software update from Apple a few weeks later fixed it. Since then I've had a white MacBook and the new MacBook Pro and both have thrown an occasional (and more annoyingly, unexplained) hissy fit with their wireless connections. I've seen the same issue with friends MacBooks as well.

I must forgive them though as I keep buying the things!
    So far I have only had a g4 power book and the 2008 mac pro and as of yet no problems what so ever with wireless, wired or otherwise - must be lucky so far

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12