+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, installing windows xp on toshiba satelite T110-107 in Technical; Hi, I'm trying to install XP pro on a Tosh satellite T110-107, and get to the point where it says ...
    Thank Post

installing windows xp on toshiba satelite T110-107

Hi,

I'm trying to install XP pro on a Tosh satellite T110-107, and get to the point where it says no hard drives installed. I have looked on toshiba website (Laptop Driver Downloads:) but have no idea where to go now.

I understand it's a 64 bit processor and i'm trying a 32 bit OS, but google reviled this not to be a problem, and that after XPing it i'll only be able to see 3GB or so of the 4GB ram, that isn't a problem.

Any ideas greatly recieved.

Thank Post
    Have you looked to see if there is a option to disable SATA native mode in the BIOS?

Michael

3. Thanks to linkazoid from:

mjs_mjs (18th January 2010)

Thank Post
    Almost certain this will be a sata driver issue.

Download the sata driver you need, often toshiba call it 'Storage manager driver'.

We have a set of toshiba laptops that are a royal pain, they don't have a sata compatability thing in the bios we had to integrate the satadriver into an xp cd. Argh!!

Thank Post
    Have you looked to see if there is a option to disable SATA native mode in the BIOS?
    This is most certainly your issue. This is always the easiest solution the other is to put the sata driver onto a floppy disk for F6 (USB floppy drive will be required) or slipstream the driver onto you xp install disk using NLite.

Remember that if your going to deploy an image with the bios solution you'll have to change the BIOS setting for all the laptops you deploy.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by linkazoid View Post

Michael
    cheers michael - there was something in there under a different name, didn't think of looking in there.

Quote Originally Posted by tommej View Post
    Almost certain this will be a sata driver issue.

Download the sata driver you need, often toshiba call it 'Storage manager driver'.

We have a set of toshiba laptops that are a royal pain, they don't have a sata compatability thing in the bios we had to integrate the satadriver into an xp cd. Argh!!
    we have a few tosh's about 5 or 6, had no real problems with them. the storage manager comes as an exe, so i guess i'l have to extract something from that - neway found the compatibility setting in the BIOS so using that.

Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    I've got a Toshiba F6 SATA driver here which works:

http://nwex.co.uk/downloads/toshsata.zip

You might need to change the settings in the BIOS from SATA to IDE or COMPATIBLE (sorry, I don't have one close to hand to check)

Did your laptop come with the XP Recovery disk? That works without any changes needed.
    unfortunatly for the laptops owner it's a win 7 job, so no, came with the restore partition of 7, but she wants XP.

cheers all.

Thank Post
    Might be labelled AHCI- on Dell computers you simply change it to SATA and XP will then install.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    On quite a few newer models changing the boot up mode is unavailable in the BIOS. As above the easiest and recommended approach is to integrate drivers using nLite. It's the most streamlined method and removes the need for floppy disks or memory sticks.

If you want to go a step further, you can integrate all drivers the machine requires. The end result is Device Manager has all drivers installed by default. One less job for you

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread