+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Corel Paint Shop Pro X problem with redirected folders in Technical; Hey everyone Firstly, happy New Year to everyone. I hope this year goes smoothly for everyone. I have a query ...

Thank Post

Corel Paint Shop Pro X problem with redirected folders

Hey everyone

Firstly, happy New Year to everyone. I hope this year goes smoothly for everyone.

I have a query that I hope someone can help me with. We have just set up a new domain now at my school, and I've run into a problem with Paint Shop Pro X. Specs are Server 2008, XP SP3 clients.

I was testing out the program with a student user, who has standard user rights. Specifically, when you redirect the My Documents folder to the home folder, PSP cannot seem to create the My PSP Files folder it needs, and it goes into a tailspin. Alternatively, it moans about the fact the folder has moved, and it can't access it, use emergency folder etc... If you don't redirect the folder, PSP launches fine. This is a problem, as I would like to have all the student My Documents folders redirected to their home folders on the server instead of sitting on individual machines.

I've tested the problem inside a virtual domain I have at home as well, and cannot for the life of me crack the problem. I can't find any configuration files to edit, and the keys in the registry are under HKEY CURRENT USER and created dynamically, which really doesn't help.

Anyone out there know if there is a way to get this working, do we need a newer version, or is it a limit in PSP itself?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Umm this is weird, we have this software

Needs to be uninstalled now, ran out of licence time, what a pain that was to deploy too!

Ours seems to work fine?

How did you deploy the software?

Thank Post
    It's a manual installation on one workstation, before being cloned into the entire Computer Room. It is either a permissions problem, or it is to do with how the home folders are set up. In our case, we have it as \\servername\pupils\200x\username, where 200x is the year the kids started. I will experiment and see if it works if the share is just \\servername\pupils\username, as I think this worked when we were still on Novell.

I hope the school buys a newer version soon, or another package, as I know PSP X isn't truly supported on Vista, let alone Windows 7, which we may be moving to fairly soon.

What a nigtmare of a package

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,572 Times in 1,252 Posts
    Try a small experiment and map drives as \\SERVERNAME\USERNAME$ They have PSP7.04 where I am today and mapped drives work absolutely fine.

The only other difference is that PSP7 was made by Jasc, whereas PSPX is made by Corel who make bloatware applications.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread