+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, IE8 GP config issues in Technical; I'm just looking into deploying IE8 in our organisation and I am currently playing with the GP settings. My problem ...

Thank Post

IE8 GP config issues

I'm just looking into deploying IE8 in our organisation and I am currently playing with the GP settings.

My problem is that if I set the key "Configure new tab page default behaviour" and set it to "Hpme Page" when I log in and open a new tab I get the new tab page. Setting the behaviour to "blank" to test performed in exactly the same way. I know my policy is applying as other changes I make are applied.

Help.

P.S. Does anyone know which setting disables the drop down arrow next to the search box. I seem to have done this accidentally and need to turn it back on. I'll find it but if anyone knew it might save me some time. Cheers.

AIT
    Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuart_C View Post
    I'm just looking into deploying IE8 in our organisation and I am currently playing with the GP settings.

My problem is that if I set the key "Configure new tab page default behaviour" and set it to "Hpme Page" when I log in and open a new tab I get the new tab page. Setting the behaviour to "blank" to test performed in exactly the same way. I know my policy is applying as other changes I make are applied.

Help.

P.S. Does anyone know which setting disables the drop down arrow next to the search box. I seem to have done this accidentally and need to turn it back on. I'll find it but if anyone knew it might save me some time. Cheers.
    are you using prefrences? as in new Internet Explorer 8 prefrences?

reagarding disabling search arrow~:

either:

search: disable search customization
    or in advanced
    preven configuration of search from the address bar
    Last edited by AIT; 11th December 2009 at 11:59 AM.

Thank Post
    I'm using the Policy settings. (the IE 8 preferences don't have the tabbed page behaviour thing).

I've fixed the drop down arrow but I did it before lunch and now I can't remember what I changed to do it!

It's the tab behaviour that's more pressing for me. Especially as I think I've set it correctly but it doesn't effect!

Thank Post
    Have you imported the ADMX files into your domain using a vista or windows 7 machine? Trying to change them on an xp machine wont work.

Or you just doing an individual machine?

Thank Post
    There the ADM files as there sitting on my 2K3 Domain controller.

Additional update. I had deleted then put back in my preference settings. After I deleted then and still when I put the preferences back it now decides to start displaying a BLANK PAGE every time! Even when I set the preferences to show home page rather than blank page!
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 11th December 2009 at 02:52 PM.

Thank Post
    So concerned about some confilctiong policies I disable policy inheritacne on my test OU. I disable my test GPO and create a new one. remove all templates appart from the internet ADM file. Only configure the "Configure new tab" setting and try that. And instead of the home page I get a blank page. I am now very cross and frustrated.

Out of curiousity, when I use Preferences to configure IE8 the page for configuring Tabs is the same as the IE7 page. Is this normal?
    Last edited by Stuart_C; 11th December 2009 at 03:06 PM.

Thank Post
    I'm also having the same issue, I set the "Configure new tab default behaviour" option to Home Page. I had this set as Machine part and had the User part as "Not Configured".

Like yourself this was not applying. I then set both parts to be Home Page and still having the same trouble.

Running the GP result in gpmc I can see that, that particular part of the policy is being applied, but I am still left with the "New Tab" page :-(

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread