+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Disk Space Monitoring in Technical; Does anyone know of a product which I can install on a 2003 server - point to a share [ ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts

Disk Space Monitoring

Does anyone know of a product which I can install on a 2003 server - point to a share [ which will be our users share ] - and then it constantly monitors disk activity and is then able to produce reports for say weekly disk activity - which users / shares have used the most disk space up this week / month etc ?
    I already use Windirstat to give me a snapshot but I want to go a step further and get weekly / monthly reports or have alerts that say user / share has just increased over 100 meg within the last 10 mins.

There was something I used to use way back on NT4 which did something similar but I can't remember it's name.....
    Hopefully someone will point me in the right direction.

Thank Post
    Hi there I use to view space free a product called showman the url is Disk Utilities including "ShowMan" disk usage piechart - from David Taylor, Edinburgh

Thanks

3. Thanks to itgeek from:

mattx (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Silly question maybe, but are you looking for a freebie here or willing to go commercial if the product has good enough functionality? There's lots of free apps that do almost or some of what you want but you'd end up with loads of different apps installed just to get the functionality of one paid for product...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,068 Times in 625 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    Silly question maybe, but are you looking for a freebie here or willing to go commercial if the product has good enough functionality? There's lots of free apps that do almost or some of what you want but you'd end up with loads of different apps installed just to get the functionality of one paid for product...
    Not a silly question at all - don't mind if it's a freebie or willing to pay. I just need LOTS of functionality. I was looking at folder sizes.....

FolderSizes - Disk Space Usage Analysis Software

Thank Post
    Foldersizes is the one that I had in mind from my bookmarks but didn't want to drop commercial names - it's on my Dear Santa list...

At the moment, using a combination of SpaceSniffer for realtime folder sizes, NetWrix Disk Space Monitor (free edition) for email notifications when space drops too low and Treesize Free for reports. Testing "Free Disks Monitoring Software" for network disk space monitoring.

DiskView - Disk Size Manager and Cleaner is the other commercial app I was looking at but Foldersizes sounds like it has a lot more functionality.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread