+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Audio and LAN Cable Removal Freeze in Technical; Hi all is when i take the RJ45 out of my home PC or the speakers to switch for headphones ...
    Thank Post

Audio and LAN Cable Removal Freeze

Hi all is when i take the RJ45 out of my home PC or the speakers to switch for headphones the PC freezes up, there is not a problem if i take it out of the router only the PC. Is this a driver issue or no thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,248 Posts
    I would guess and say that looks to me like a motherboard hardware fault of some kind. Did you build the computer yourself or purchase from a big OEM like HP?

Thank Post
    - apoligies yea the Audio and RJ45 port is onboard.

Well the computer itself quite old but as the saying goes if it not broken dont fix it, lol suits it purpose, It packard bell running XP, well before i learnt how to do recovery or install windows myself before the appritcship took it to a corner computer shop, after it broke again i realiese he wiped the recovery partation clean and used a VLK XP disc, so didnt needed activation not sure what rules and reglations for shops which do custom buliding or repairs :S but i have purchased my own windows xp now so i can do it myself I use also the program "Driver Max" to update the drivers and back them up (When downloading the drivers i looked for signed ones) and also now in the very slow process using Nlite so i dont have to download updates and that.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,564 Times in 1,248 Posts
    You could try pressing F8 at startup and selecting 'Safe Mode with Networking'. If the computer still freezes in Safe Mode, (when you take the ethernet cable out) typically this would indicate a hardware problem, rather than a software or driver problem.

Thank Post
    ok thanks i give that a try later, and thanks for correcting my term "ethernet cable".

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisredfield93 View Post
    he wiped the recovery partation clean and used a VLK XP disc, so didnt needed activation not sure what rules and reglations for shops which do custom buliding or repairs :S
    Any shop that does that is definitely cowboy... wouldn't use them again if I were you!

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Batman View Post
    Any shop that does that is definitely cowboy... wouldn't use them again if I were you!
    lol well dont use them anymore got my own XP disc now. and now use Nlite to update my XP disc so my XP installation always be up-to-date, still do the same as microsoft which is dont include newer versions of WMP and IE.

Thank Post
    lol packard bell are a pain to get the recovery media for, if you wipe the drive you basically have to take it back to a PB registered dealer (PC World) becuase the hard drive needs to have a DMI tattoo as they all have generic disks for a whole series of computers.

Interesting shop that does that though, :s Maybe they stole a component from the motherboard needed for jack and network cable removals ? lol

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    udpate bios to latest revision if still the same then disable onboard LAN and audio and get dedicated PCI cards for audio and LAN ie creative / m audio and Intel or the likes respectively

Thank Post
    for the audio might be worth msconfiging out any silly jack detection programs that run in the background

Thank Post
    Well not to bothered with recovery material didnt miss much from what they gived and well found it not good lol, hmm i have to check if there bios update, but since dont want to ruin or kill the pc i think i cope with it since it not a biggie. killed a few PC's in my workplace becase it didnt flash properly but since we had some motherboards dead swichted the bios chips since they were removal and put them in the ones i killed they worked fine, so i dont touch bios updates now lol

12. Thanks to chrisredfield93 from:

mac_shinobi (9th December 2009)

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,030 Times in 955 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisredfield93 View Post
    Well not to bothered with recovery material didnt miss much from what they gived and well found it not good lol, hmm i have to check if there bios update, but since dont want to ruin or kill the pc i think i cope with it since it not a biggie. killed a few PC's in my workplace becase it didnt flash properly but since we had some motherboards dead swichted the bios chips since they were removal and put them in the ones i killed they worked fine, so i dont touch bios updates now lol
    lol - other then that update both drivers for audio and nic otherwise as i mentioned above disable onboard audio and nic and use dedicated ones - you can get cheap sound cards and network cards now so that should be a moot point if money is concerned

Also if your looking to kill your pc apparently chris is your guy lol just kidding

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    lol - other then that update both drivers for audio and nic otherwise as i mentioned above disable onboard audio and nic and use dedicated ones - you can get cheap sound cards and network cards now so that should be a moot point if money is concerned

Also if your looking to kill your pc apparently chris is your guy lol just kidding

lol well windows froze well the other few times the application played up and it flashed part of it and when i rerun the program it claimed it already there, in futrue i look in task manager for any uncessary programs running and disable the anti-virus. < me hiding from bios updates.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread