+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Muliple Liberium Helpdesks. in Technical; hi, We currently use Liberium for the IT helpdesk in our school. The technology department has asked us for a ...

Thank Post

Muliple Liberium Helpdesks.

hi,

We currently use Liberium for the IT helpdesk in our school. The technology department has asked us for a helpdesk too, I have gone through and set one up the same server but I am having issues with it. I have named the 2nd helpdesk 'techhelpdesk' (the other one is called 'helpdesk') but any changes i make to one seem to appear on the other helpdesk. i.e if i change the helpdesk name in the config or if i add or delete users it applys to both helpdesks and not just the one I am working on? They are both in the inet pub folder, but then separated into their own helpdesk folders (techhelpdesk and helpdesk)

Has anyone had any experience/luck in setting up two liberium helpdesks and if so could they shed some light? Similarly if anyone has any ideas why it may be replicating changes between the helpdesks i would greatly appreciate some help!

thanks in advance

Thank Post
    Does this run on a database? Are you using two seperate databases?

Thank Post
    Each helpdesk has their own database yeh

Thank Post
    And the config is definately pointing to the respective databases?

Thank Post
    yep i just checked them both, i even tried renaming them and tried again but its still changing the data for both.

Thank Post
    This is odd. If you've got two seperate database then it's baffling that helpdesk2 can write to the helpdesk1 database. This shouldn't be possible. Interested to see what you work this out to be!

I don't use liberum but the way I see it, as with any system, is they're two completely seperate things. Did you do a new install of the second helpdesk or copy over the files?

Thank Post
    i copied over the files from the original helpdesk but changed everything so it was tailored to the new helpdesk, even the file names of the databases etc. Im going to have a go at starting from scratch and see if it resolves the issue. very strange though!

Thank Post
    I had a similar-ish problem at my old workplace. It basically turned out to be an error on my part where i'd literally copied the old helpdesk and pasted it as a new helpdesk.

You need to create two seperate folders and put a helpdesk in each (a fresh downloaded helpdesk). Make sure you are for sure using two seperate databases and that each config file is pointing to the correct helpdesk.

This can be done so just go through and double check everything.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisbrockhurst View Post
    i copied over the files from the original helpdesk but changed everything so it was tailored to the new helpdesk, even the file names of the databases etc. Im going to have a go at starting from scratch and see if it resolves the issue. very strange though!
    It may be that the database information is stored somewhere else then too.

As mbrunt pointed out, do a fresh installation.

Thank Post
    nope, no luck. Have just gone through and deleted the new helpdesk, redownloaded everything from liberium and started from scratch. Installed it in on the server in a separate, differently named folder with a differently named database. Went to use and edit the new one and it still changes the original helpdesk. absolutly no idea how its doing this?! ready to tear my hair our.

Thank Post
    Chris,

If you are using the Access Database, have you changed the path to the database in the settings.asp file?

If you want me to have a look at the settings.asp files, PM me and I will let you have my email address. I've used Liberium Helpdesk before and had 2 running on the same server before.

Cheers,
    Steve
    Last edited by Devontechie; 7th December 2009 at 02:32 PM.

Thank Post
    You cartainly can do it - we've got 5 running at the moment - ICT, Site, Admin etc - so as above check everything...twice...

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread