+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Blue screen when I start safe mode. But not when do a normal start up in Technical; Hey everyone. First I would like to thank anyone for thier help as I use this computer for work and ...

Thank Post

Blue screen when I start safe mode. But not when do a normal start up

Hey everyone. First I would like to thank anyone for thier help as I use this computer for work and I need it up and running again.

My problem is windows is running really slow. My cpu usage is at 100% all the time. I have a programm I would use when this happens and would clear it up. I have been using it for over a year and it works. I have never used any kind of VP other than the regular scan with ad aware for spyware. How ever this programm I use only works in safe mode. I thought I would use my program so I restarted my computer for safemode it runs the list of files then goes to the blue screen for a tenth of a second then restarts my compter.

Anyways I got a VP program from my step brother to see It would pick anything up and it has! 41 objects actually. But it did not fix the problem. My pc is still running at 100% usage and I cant get into safe mode.

Any suggestions other than formatting. Thanks -Myles

Thank Post
    Try Malware Bytes Anti Malware it always seems to be the more thorugh program, if spy/adware is your problem.

Thank Post

thanks

thanks I will try currently i am using eset nod32 AV think that will cause interruption with the programm?
    Last edited by mylesp; 29th November 2009 at 01:25 AM.

Thank Post
    They should be fine together.

Thank Post
    so far its found 2 things. I hope its one of the things messing up my computer. lol I have had this for almost 3 years. its been on prettywell all day every day since I got it and has never given me any problems. It even got rained on really bad one day last year. I mean SOAKED haha and it just keeps on trucking. Thanks for your help. I hope this works.

Thank Post
    Think this trial version will work? Or do you suggesting purchacing the entire product?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,586 Times in 1,263 Posts
    Using the trial of Malware Bytes is fine. It just means you need to run a scan manually. It won't dynamically scan in the background, which to be honest isn't really that necessary.

Once you've installed it, always go to the Update tab and make sure it's fully up-to-date. Makes all the difference. Yesterday in fact I broke my own personal record as Malware Bytes found over 900 objects on a single machine!

When your computer gets press the BIOS screen, if you keep pressing F8 repeatedly and choose "Disable the automatic restart on system failure". This will allow you to read the blue screen. Make a note of any error codes so you can Google them.

When you're in Windows, what is the name of the process using 100% CPU? If it's svchost, I have seen the Windows Update service use 100%. This is a fairly common bug.

Thank Post
    When it flashes the blue screen its for seriously a tenth of a second then automaticly restarts my computer. I cant even read what the first 2 words say. I might have to try and take a picture of it. If I can... As for processes I found a file called ePower_DMC.exe running and actually using 95 % of my cpu. I have no Idea what that file is... Any Idea? Thanks

Thank Post
    If you read the instructions I wrote above it'll allow you to read the blue screen. The process ePower_DMC.exe is Acer's Power Management. By switching to Windows's own Power Management, you could remove/disable Acer's application.

Thank Post
    OH. haha thanks "smarty pants" lol I will let you know what happens. Im so far behind on computer technology I just bought an Imac yesterday with 21.5 screen... I dont even know how to use the thing. I just like some of the editing software I have seen. ok I will try this disable restart on fail. thanks again.

Thank Post
    Maybe I can get you to guide me to removeing the acer power management after I get these error codes..

Thank Post
    Presumably the IMac is something seperate as of course Acer don't sell/make Macs

If you know how to get into Control Panel, look for Add/Remove Programs (XP) or Programs and Features (Vista/Windows 7).

Thank Post
    Cool, thanks for all the help. as of right now the computer still restarts when I selected the option to disable it.. I will keep tinkering with this thing. Yes the mac is seperate. I like it. I just dont know it yet. However I have noticed some apps and such that I like. I have always used pc. I liked to game alot. Now I use a ps3.. Its just way to convenient for gaming. I will keep you posed on this pos. LOL thanks again. -Myles

Thank Post
    If you get a bluescreen when trying to boot into safe mode but can boot normally (albeit into a system that is running slowly) then it's pretty likely you've managed to pick up one of the lovely bits of malware that deletes the SafeBoot key from the registry, breaking safe mode. Are you running XP or Vista on the affected machine?

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,375 Times in 1,745 Posts
    Before you waste hours on this problem, seriously consider:

Backup data, reformat hard drive, re-install operating system and software.

It might be what you end up doing anyway.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread