+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Eset NOD32 migrating servers - I've b*****d up in Technical; The other day i was migrating NOD32 servers by pushing out the new config. Problem is i made a typo ...

Thank Post

Eset NOD32 migrating servers - I've b*****d up

The other day i was migrating NOD32 servers by pushing out the new config. Problem is i made a typo and now half of the clients are looking for a server (well actually the port) which doesnt exist.

Does anyone know of a way to correct this?

Last resort would be to to change the server ports, push out new settings, etc. Problem with that is the other half of the clients which have the correct settings then wont be able to connect...

Anyone know how to remotely uninstall NOD32?

Thank Post
    Remote Administrator -> Tools -> Server Options -> Updates

Port setting for the internal update server is near the bottom of the tab

Edit - Oops, think I misunderstood the question but leaving this here just in case.

What's the end result? Correct server + port on some clients, correct server + wrong port on others or wrong server + wrong port on others?

Thank Post
    How about pushing the wrong port to the clients which have the working port and if they all have the wrong port, push the right port or leave them on the wrong but working port.

Pfew that whas a weird sentence

Thank Post
    What about deploying it as an msi + cfg.xml (exported from working client) via group policy, it might just overwrite the settings with the good config.

Then again, I've been using a trial version for 3 days, and have no idea what i'm doing. Hat's off to you if you can do anything with that management interface, seems like it has a really decent client side though.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OutToLunch View Post
    What's the end result?
    Correct server + port on some clients, correct server + wrong port on others

Quote Originally Posted by gjdb View Post
    How about pushing the wrong port to the clients which have the working port and if they all have the wrong port, push the right port or leave them on the wrong but working port.

Pfew that whas a weird sentence
    I had thought of that but it seems to take a while for the config to be pushed out, and afaik you cant assign 2 ports to the nod server so all the pcs would have to be clear before moving over to the new "wrong" port

Quote Originally Posted by morganw View Post
    What about deploying it as an msi + cfg.xml (exported from working client) via group policy, it might just overwrite the settings with the good config.
    Cool, ill have a look at this tomorrow. Definatly the sort of answer i was looking for. Its been one of those weeks where you dont even realise theres an msi freely available from the eset website
    Last edited by j17sparky; 26th November 2009 at 10:10 PM.

PEO
    Thank Post
    Get in touch with Bill over at SICTU we are now using Kaspersky antivirus, stockton is getting rid of nod32

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PEO View Post
    Get in touch with Bill over at SICTU we are now using Kaspersky antivirus, stockton is getting rid of nod32
    Interesting. Whats it like management wise?

Thank Post
    As suggested above deploying NOD32 as an msi with the cfg.xml file will overwrite the settings.

Thank Post
    It would seem that eset have changed/removed the command to include the cfg.xml in the V4 msi. Anyone know how to do it? Ive tried;

/cfg=
    /admincfg=

// Ahh its just admincfg with no slash.

Dont know if its going to replace teh settings mind. May have to uninstall first.
    Last edited by j17sparky; 27th November 2009 at 11:20 AM.

Thank Post
    I am on version 4 and as long as the cfg.xml file is in the same folder as the msi the msi picks it up. So just configure the xml file with the correct port and deploy/redeploy.

I had some confusion about which msi to install but for xp and version 4 you need "eavbe_nt32_enu.msi"

Thank Post
    I can't comment on V4 but I rolled out some new V3 software the other day and it installed over the top of any that had been manually installed with the new settings. I've also found that as long as the cfg.xml file is in the same folder as the msi it's picked up automatically.

@ jsnetman, oh soz I hadn't seen your post

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by j17sparky View Post
    Correct server + port on some clients, correct server + wrong port on others

I had thought of that but it seems to take a while for the config to be pushed out, and afaik you cant assign 2 ports to the nod server so all the pcs would have to be clear before moving over to the new "wrong" port
    You might not be able to tell the NOD server to use 2 ports, but in the short term you could run something like netcat to listen for traffic on the wrong port and bounce it over to the right one?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread