+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, High Contrast - Group Policy in Technical; Well, I do have some experience in creating .adm files. As Microsoft lacks a lot of settings in the default ...

Thank Post
    Well, I do have some experience in creating .adm files. As Microsoft lacks a lot of settings in the default GPO's, I got a lot of hands on experience creating .ADM files. I used the following for reference:

Also looking in the already existing .adm files (not the ADMX files, those are in the new 2008/vista/7 format), gives a good idea on how .adm files work and/or are build.

Futhermore there is a tool reg2adm, which takes some of the work out of your hands, but still needs a lot of afterwards editing to get a working .ADM.

I also look in the registy to see in what value the registry changes when I apply a setting.

And of course you can export registry settings using regedit. You then use the reg file to convert to .adm, with reg2adm.
    Last edited by ThePrutser; 26th November 2009 at 03:44 PM.

2. 4 Thanks to ThePrutser:

BatchFile (13th December 2010), Celador (7th February 2012), flyinghaggis (7th March 2011), Rammie (3rd March 2010)

Thank Post
    We use this quite effectively. I have created a sub OU for each year group called Less restrictive. On the Year OU i enable all the settings and on the less restrictive OU i set them as pictured, i then just drop the visually impaired kids into the Less Restrictive OU.

Thank Post
    Many thanks to The Prutser for the ADM. We've had pupils playing with the Accessibility Option keys for some while and mostly this hasn't bothered anyone much, but recently we've noticed that they're using this strategy to (at least partly) circumvent the SynchronEyes blocking screen. The Prutser's ADM is just what I was looking for. I've created ADMs before (to force the internationalisation settings and to configure the per-user map settings in Memory Map), but I don't do it often enough to be fluent.

Thank Post
    Does anyone know if the high contrast and sticky keys can be disabled when the machines are sitting on thje CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. We are using Windows 7 Enterprise also would these custom ADM's work?

Thanks

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by ranj View Post
    Does anyone know if the high contrast and sticky keys can be disabled when the machines are sitting on thje CTRL+ALT+DEL screen. We are using Windows 7 Enterprise also would these custom ADM's work?

Thanks
    Hi ranj,

Same problem here. Did you try this and did it work?

Cheers!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12