+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Redirecting My Documents in Technical; any gotchas in doing this? screenshot attached... Desktop and Start Menu have been redirected for years... I've made the change ...
    Thank Post

Redirecting My Documents

any gotchas in doing this?

screenshot attached...

Desktop and Start Menu have been redirected for years...
    I've made the change for My documents as it seems to fix an issue whereby students trying to insert a picture in to PowerPoint get directed to the desktop which they don't have permissions to save to...and it freezes the PC.

I've tested the redirection on a test user and it then points them to insert the file from their My Pictures folder which is contained within the My Documents (H:\ drive)

I've also checked that if they already have a folder called My Pictures it does nt create a new one and over-write their existing files...

Should I be good to go to make this change "global and live" and implement also for staff?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Only thing is the XP SP3 folder redirection issue, not sure what happened to people experiencing this but have a search around and there's a thread about it...

Thank Post
    We either set My Documents to U:\ here either in the users profile or in our VB login script both ways have worked flawlessly for ages.

Code:
    WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Favorites", "U:\Favorites", "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Favorites", "U:\Favorites", "REG_SZ"

WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\Personal", "U:\", "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\Personal", "U:\", "REG_SZ"

WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\My Pictures", "U:\My Pictures", "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\My Pictures", "U:\My Pictures", "REG_SZ"

WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders\My Music", "U:\My Music", "REG_EXPAND_SZ"
    WSHShell.RegWrite "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders\My Music", "U:\My Music", "REG_SZ"

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread