+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, Report Assist Installation in Technical; kaphc: I've asked at the office for you and they said the csv headings are in the help file that ...
    Thank Post
    kaphc: I've asked at the office for you and they said the csv headings are in the help file that can be downloaded by the program - they are also reproduced in the pdf version thats available in the resources section of the website. Here is a direct link:
    http://reportplus.co.uk/downloads/instructions.pdf

Look on page 19 (currently it's 19, but this may change with time) of the pdf. It's the section called 'Importing from csv'.

Hope this helps.

-Anthony
    Last edited by ComputingData; 19th March 2010 at 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling!

Thank Post
    Hi, that's really helpful with the manual, thanks.

Incidentally, i couldn't get the help file to download (it was just hanging) but have now tried it again today and it's downloaded fine. The reference to the manual is really good as a backup though.

Thank Post
    I think they are going to expand both the help and the manual based on feedback over the next couple of weeks.

The problem with a help file/manual is gauging the experience of those reading it so you simplify things enough whilst still leaving in details they may need in unusual situations.

Thank Post
    How long did it take you guys to convert reportassist into reportplus? Thing is, I teach at a secondary school and we liked the demo and wondered if you could do one for this coming summer? If that's a big ask, what about next year?

Thank Post
    I've just started looking at it. I think it's going to depend on how much altering the SLT are going to want done. It doesn't seem to allow drop-down choices fro the teacher's name, grades, achievent level etc. for each subject (unless I got it wrong) and that won't be popular. But for secondary schools, it does go beyond KS2, which ReportAssist didn't do.

Thank Post
    Rachella: Do you mean you want a secondary school version of the program? If so then please PM me and we can chat about what the requirements you might have for a full secondary school version.

LaserBlazer: You can set the teacher per subject, but you're right about the effort/attainment drop downs. I'm sorry, but I wasn't aware of them until recently - they shouldn't be much of a problem so they will be added to the program soon (it's just a matter of making them fit in with everything else and updating the RA import wizard routines). I've tried to make the program as flexible as possible so you can go to up to FE if you like (just no built-in statements above KS2 for the time being).
    Last edited by ComputingData; 30th March 2010 at 11:52 AM.

7. Thanks to ComputingData from:

laserblazer (30th March 2010)

Thank Post
    Something I'm struggling with at present is I want to uninstall ReportPlus from the laptop I first put it on. When I run unistall it just copies reportPlus over tye top of the existing one?

Thank Post
    I'll check out the uninstall. Did you try to uninstall using add/remove programs or the uninstall shortcut?

If all else fails, you can delete the ReportPlus folder from program files. But obviously this isn't ideal.

Thank Post
    Lazerblazer: I've looked at it and your right, it has been fixed in the next update.

11. Thanks to ComputingData from:

laserblazer (1st April 2010)

Thank Post
    Hi computing data. I've been asked to look out for a secondary school report writer. We did use report assist several years ago and the teachers seemed to like it. I think it must have been a trial version as it wasn't too, how do I put it politely, problem free? That's probably the reason they withdrew it. Anyway, as I said, the teachers like the way it looked and worked and looking at your message to rachella it looks like you may be planning something similar. If so, will it be ready for next year?

Thank Post
    It's not the same as ReportAssist, so it shouldn't have the same problems (i hope!) ...

We are planing a Secondary version, it's early days but most of the work is done and I've sent you a PM about what we may need...

Thank Post
    I could quite easily be doing something dumb here but can't see any mail in my inbox (PM does mean private mail doesn't it?)

Thank Post
    I just had a look at my sent items and the two PMs I sent (one to you, one to someone else) have gone. I'll send it again, sorry.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12