+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Outlook only loads when "resetnavpane" it used in Technical; One of our students has a problem when loading Microsoft Outlook 2007. It will always say "Cannot start microsoft office ...
    Thank Post

Outlook only loads when "resetnavpane" it used

One of our students has a problem when loading Microsoft Outlook 2007. It will always say "Cannot start microsoft office outlook. Cannot open the outlook window". if I execute it for them using the /resetnavpane switch it'll load fine, but then as soon as they close/logoff and load it themself again, the same thing happens.

Seems the switch is just bypassing a problem rather than fixing it - any ideas why this is happening and what we do to actually fix it, rather than just work around it?

Thank Post
    Why is it my problems are always the most obscure that noone knows how to answer them?

Thank Post
    I had this exact same thing the other day. In application data for that user, I beleive their is an XML file which stores their profile. I deleted that, the profile recreated, and bam! Sorted. If you struggle to find out where the file is then let me know and I'll point you there.

Edit: Before you delete it, do you automatically configure their profiles? We do, so the profile was easy to recreate.

4. Thanks to Edu-IT from:

dgsmith (13th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Well it's an RM network, so things tend to be amde automatically At least, we've never needed to do any manual configuration for the user profiles.

In their my Docs, under My Settings (and a few folders down) I see "Default Outlook Profile.xml" - I take it this is the one you are referring to? Just delete it then and it should recreate with (hopefully) the problem fixed?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dgsmith View Post
    Well it's an RM network, so things tend to be amde automatically At least, we've never needed to do any manual configuration for the user profiles.

In their my Docs, under My Settings (and a few folders down) I see "Default Outlook Profile.xml" - I take it this is the one you are referring to? Just delete it then and it should recreate with (hopefully) the problem fixed?
    CC4?

Yes, that's the one.

Thank Post
    Tried that - was still the same. I took a a chance and deleted the entire contents of the Outlook folder hoping that it would recreate everything - this worked! Still, I wouldn't have managed to get that far or to that area without your suggestion so thanks for that!

..and yes, CC4..

8. Thanks to dgsmith from:

Edu-IT (13th November 2009)

Thank Post
    No worries. I'm on CC4 and deleting just the XML file worked for me, glad you figured it out though. I might drop you a PM shortly. Got a few questions!

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread