+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, View Windows Password in Technical; Hi, I know how to reset a Windows password using a boot disk, but i would like to view a ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,811 Times in 1,559 Posts
    Blog Entries

View Windows Password

Hi,

I know how to reset a Windows password using a boot disk, but i would like to view a password instead.

The reason being a family friends has a daughter and they think that she maybe talking to someone who isnt as young as they make out. I dont want to go into details, but as you would probably appreciate her parents are worried. So we want to get into her Windows account without her knowing.

The plan is to use my bootdisk to reset the local administrator password. Boot the computer then login to the local administrator account then find a way to view her password.

Does anyone know of any decryption software please?

Thanks

PS: thinking about it would be better in the security forum is someone can move this please?

Thanks
    Last edited by FN-GM; 7th November 2009 at 05:42 PM.

Thank Post

Thank Post
    Ophcrack. You'll ned a 2nd PC SourceForge.net: Ophcrack Howto - ophcrack assuming it's XP or Vista you need to download the libs for it aswell

EDIT: [Kmount beat me too it]

If its xp sp1 there was a flaw in the install process where you could run an install disc as if you were going to install XP over the current Windows without formatting, when it gets to the point where it starts the process of loading and installing devices theres a key combo you press which gives you a command prompt, A particular string can be entered which gives you access to all the user accounts already available on that PC.

Linux Live into it and get chat logs up?

Just on a non computer related side, assuming the child is under 18, can the parents not just ask/tell her to show them what she's on?

Thank Post
    How about this from Lazesoft.

" Lazesoft Recover My Password is a very easy to use software that recover Windows password, reset user account password, easy to install, and easy to use via a simple user interface. "

Lazesoft Recover My Password - Windows password recovery software. Recover Windows XP VISTA 2000 2003 2008 and newest Windows 7 logon password.

and it is free today from below

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Lazesoft Recover My Password - Lazesoft Recover My Password is easy to use, design to general users that let you reset your forgotten Windows logon ...

hope this helps

jordan

5. 3 Thanks to JOrdan01070:

kmount (7th November 2009), mac_shinobi (7th November 2009), speckytecky (8th November 2009)

Thank Post
    Good find there Jordan, grabbed a copy incase the OP doesn't see this before the 14 hours are up.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,123 Times in 1,025 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Good find there Jordan, grabbed a copy incase the OP doesn't see this before the 14 hours are up.
    I only got the setup.exe - does that extract an iso or do you get an iso with the zip file or what exactly ?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mac_shinobi View Post
    I only got the setup.exe - does that extract an iso or do you get an iso with the zip file or what exactly ?
    No idea don't run windows here

Thank Post
    you need to run the setup which registers with giveaway of the day and create a folder in the rot of c which holds an iso and the program als installs on hte machine so you can plug in another HDD with windows on it to read the passwords.

Hope this helps

Thank Post
    KON-BOOT - ULTIMATE WINDOWS/LINUX HACKING UTILITY :-)

will give you access to her account, (or any others on the machine), then if you require the password for later use how about a key logger? most will be able to collect the windows logon password too.

BoX

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by FN-GM View Post
    Hi,

I know how to reset a Windows password using a boot disk, but i would like to view a password instead.

The reason being a family friends has a daughter and they think that she maybe talking to someone who isnt as young as they make out. I dont want to go into details, but as you would probably appreciate her parents are worried. So we want to get into her Windows account without her knowing.

The plan is to use my bootdisk to reset the local administrator password. Boot the computer then login to the local administrator account then find a way to view her password.

Does anyone know of any decryption software please?

Thanks

PS: thinking about it would be better in the security forum is someone can move this please?

Thanks
    When you do get in, point them in the direction of .:: imsafer - protects children when they're online ::.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for the links and everything guys. I will let you know

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kmount View Post
    Worth a go with Ophcrack I reckon.

Ophcrack

Download ophcrack from SourceForge.net
    The .exe let me down as it wouldnt download the tables. Will try the ISO

If its xp sp1 there was a flaw in the install process where you could run an install disc as if you were going to install XP over the current Windows without formatting, when it gets to the point where it starts the process of loading and installing devices theres a key combo you press which gives you a command prompt, A particular string can be entered which gives you access to all the user accounts already available on that PC.

Linux Live into it and get chat logs up?

Just on a non computer related side, assuming the child is under 18, can the parents not just ask/tell her to show them what she's on?[/QUOTE]

I want the password really in a hope its the same as the hotmail one. It is possible but it depends if she will get rid of anything

Quote Originally Posted by JOrdan01070 View Post
    How about this from Lazesoft.

" Lazesoft Recover My Password is a very easy to use software that recover Windows password, reset user account password, easy to install, and easy to use via a simple user interface. "

Lazesoft Recover My Password - Windows password recovery software. Recover Windows XP VISTA 2000 2003 2008 and newest Windows 7 logon password.

and it is free today from below

Giveaway of the Day - free licensed software daily. Today: Lazesoft Recover My Password - Lazesoft Recover My Password is easy to use, design to general users that let you reset your forgotten Windows logon ...

hope this helps

jordan
    Dam missed the offer

Quote Originally Posted by box_l View Post
    KON-BOOT - ULTIMATE WINDOWS/LINUX HACKING UTILITY :-)

will give you access to her account, (or any others on the machine), then if you require the password for later use how about a key logger? most will be able to collect the windows logon password too.

BoX

I already have some software to boot and reset it.

Does anyone else have any ideas?

cheers

Thank Post
    Have you thought of a USB keylogger solution?
    It obviously costs £'s compared to the software solutions (unless you have one already), but at least then you know you'll get her password! You'll also probably get a fair amount of chat and other passwords too which might prove useful.

To be honest though, I'd echo what someone else said above. If it was me, I'd sit her down with her parents and all have a chat - explain the concerns and ask to look at profiles etc.
    If nothing is wrong she'll let you look, if there's something to hide then you know to take it further.

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Tried Cain & Abel? http://www.oxid.it/cain.html

Have used it before to recover a password for a machine, as long as you can install the software on the machine you will be away. It's a brute force attack so will probably need to be left running and thus will depend on the complexity of the password.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread