+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Espresso not loading in Technical; Got a strange problem here with a pc in a classroom not loading or should I say takeing ages to ...
    Thank Post

Espresso not loading

Got a strange problem here with a pc in a classroom not loading or should I say takeing ages to load up Espresso (I have not the patience to wait but the teachers does). Any other web page loads fine bbc etc, Flash is up to date and other users log on that pc and load Espresso fine. If the user logs on in the suite (which they have this morning) Espresso loads fine. Using a mandatory profile so the problem is not in there it must be on the PC itself. Any ideas, already cleared any profiles etc, temp files, temp internet files etc from the PC but still the same problem with just that user! At a loss at the moment, if I can't fix it today I'll just re-image it next week but thats using a sledghammer to crack a nut syndrome, would be good to find out what the problem actually is. Thanks

Thank Post
    Is this a connection to your Espresso installation/box or to the actual web site? Does the browser on that particular PC have differing settings (Trusted sites, cookies etc.)?

If to a cached Espresso installation have you checked the path in the icon or shortcut? I have had this issue before and the shortcut path had become corrupt - yes even on a Mandatory profile - not sure how that happened.

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,568 Times in 1,250 Posts
    Instead of making the users roaming profile mandatory, rename it by putting a 1 at the end, then update accordingly in AD. Does this help?

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Is this a connection to your Espresso installation/box or to the actual web site? Does the browser on that particular PC have differing settings (Trusted sites, cookies etc.)?

If to a cached Espresso installation have you checked the path in the icon or shortcut? I have had this issue before and the shortcut path had become corrupt - yes even on a Mandatory profile - not sure how that happened.
    Its a link to the Espresso box in school and its not a corrupt shortcut as they use the same shortcut in the suite (global desktop) and it works in there and the same shortcut works for other users on the problem PC. Its not a problem with the profile as I said it works everywhere else for the same user. As its the end of the day now looks like I'll just re-image the PC next week when I'm back in. Thankfully the teacher is quite understanding and is happy to wait untill then anyway.

Thank Post
    Sometimes, even if it's a sledgehammer to crack a nut, re-imaging can take less time than trying to find the actual cause. Sorry I wasn't much help.

6. Thanks to leco from:

TechSupp (7th November 2009)

Thank Post
    You tried which is the main thing, thanks.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread