+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, NOD32 v3.0.694.0 Errors in Technical; ATT NOD32 V3 users there's a new version out that seems to be causing issues, when I roll out the ...
    Thank Post

NOD32 v3.0.694.0 Errors

ATT NOD32 V3 users there's a new version out that seems to be causing issues, when I roll out the msi via GP it appears to install and work ok but the event log is filles with errors on each reboot. It's the same after an upgrade and clean install v3.0.684.0 is ok on teh same system .I'm going to contact ESET about this.

Errors

Event ID 59
    Source: SideBySide
    Type: Error

Generate Activation Context failed for C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\MFC80U.DLL. Reference error message: The operation completed successfully.

Event ID 58

Syntax error in manifest or policy file "C:\Program Files\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus\Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC.MANIFEST" on line 5.

Event ID 34

Component identity found in manifest does not match the identity of the component requested

Change Log

September 10, 2009
    ESET Smart Security and ESET NOD32 Antivirus v3.0.694.0 have been released in Bulgarian, Chinese (Simplified), Chinese (Traditional), Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, English, Finnish, French, German, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Norwegian, Portuguese (Brazilian), Romanian, Russian, Slovak, Slovenian, Spanish, Swedish, Turkish, and Ukranian for licensed users, with trial versions follow. This release contain the following changes:

ALL

■Fixed problem with Windows Security Center not recognizing presence of ESET software under Windows Vista with Service Pack 1 and newer
    ■Updated support information and address in the End User License Agreement
    ■Other small fixes
    ESET SMART SECURITY

■Fixed issue when Firewall set to Interactive Mode with rules being applied improperly to applications

2. Thanks to cookie_monster from:

leco (5th November 2009)

Thank Post
    So far ESET haven't been very helpful so as v3.0.694.0 doesn't really solve and big/security issues I think i'll just skip it and see if the next update is better, by then I might think about V4 if it's stopped killing servers by then. v3.0.684.0 seems very stable for now.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    We're on V4 here on our servers, no issues at all.

When you install on XP do you get a string or SideBySide errors in the event log with the latest V4, I receive these errors on a new install of XP SP3.

The ESET forum is littered with errors relating to V4 this is why their server specific software took so long to port to V4, the Exchange product was still based on V2 for ages.
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 6th November 2009 at 11:49 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Gibbo View Post
    No probs at all on our desktops either, all running XP SP3.

It does run on our desktops and detects threats but it leaves these SideBySide errors on every reboot in the System log. It does it on OEM boxes as well so they aren't even our build. Very odd.

Thank Post
    I`ve contacted Eset about this, because we do have the same issues with v4.0.467, and this is their official statement.

Dear Customer,

It is a cosmetic bug which will be fixed in new release. Or you can fix it with installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update on the Web page :
    http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/d...2-9112bab119c2

It`s a shame Eset`s quality control seems to decrease lately.
    Why do i have to contact them myself to get an answer, instead of them putting this statement somewhere on their website.
    Or even better remove this version from download and put a fixed version online.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by gjdb View Post
    I`ve contacted Eset about this, because we do have the same issues with v4.0.467, and this is their official statement.

Dear Customer,

It is a cosmetic bug which will be fixed in new release. Or you can fix it with installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update on the Web page :
    Download details: Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Service Pack 1 Redistributable Package ATL Security Update

It`s a shame Eset`s quality control seems to decrease lately.
    Why do i have to contact them myself to get an answer, instead of them putting this statement somewhere on their website.
    Or even better remove this version from download and put a fixed version online.

Yes exactly I moved to the updated v3.0.694.0 and found loads of issues that I assumed were to do with my clients upgrading, went back to v3.0.684.0 and it's fine. It's all very well them saying "It is a cosmetic bug" but a log full of red errors spells trouble in my book.

Thank Post
    We did upgrade a staff members laptop with this version, because he had problems which where related to NOD32. (which we did fix in another manner, but he wanted a new version anyway)
    So after installing this version, his event log whas filled with these errors and i can say he whas not really because he whas so fed up with all the problems he had before.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread