+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Updating Exchange 2007 Address Lists in Technical; Hi everyone, We are running Exchange 2007 on Server 2008, all our clients are using Outlook 2007. I recently updated ...
    Thank Post

Updating Exchange 2007 Address Lists

Hi everyone,

We are running Exchange 2007 on Server 2008, all our clients are using Outlook 2007.

I recently updated a whole bunch of user's names (People getting married, switching to their traditional african names etc etc...) and thought that was that.

When I want to send an email to one of them, I open Outlook, Click new message, Click To, and the new names are all there.

However, a number of people are saying it hasn't updated on theirs - it's been 2 weeks.

After doing a bit of reading, I found something that said that the Exchange 2007 Address Book doesn't automatically update and must be done manually:

* Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList
    * Get-EmailAddressPolicy | Update-EmailAddressPolicy

I tried running those and was given a screen of angry yellow writing:

[PS] C:\Users\Administrator.DAINFERN\Desktop>Get-AddressList | Update-AddressList
    WARNING: The recipient "Dainfern.College/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 2" is invalid and could not be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient "Dainfern.College/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/OAB Version 3a" is invalid and could not be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient "Dainfern.College/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - \/o=Dainfern College\/cn=addrlists\/cn=oabs\" is invalid and could not be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient "Dainfern.College/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Offline Address Book - First Administrative Group" is invalid and could not be updated.
    WARNING: The recipient "Dainfern.College/Microsoft Exchange System Objects/Schedule+ Free Busy Information - First Administrative Group" is invalid and could not be updated.

What's going on?

Thank Post
    Probably no help to you, but I was also recently quizzed over the same thing and found in places the Address Book in Outlook didn't update until Outlook had been closed and reopened.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread