+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Blackberry Professional Software in Technical; I think I've just found a new enemy Just installed Blackberry Professional, thought it would sit nicely on the server ...
    Thank Post

Blackberry Professional Software

I think I've just found a new enemy

Just installed Blackberry Professional, thought it would sit nicely on the server I use for management tools etc (how I wish I had VMWare at the moment!) and thought that being the huge company they are the software would work pretty well... how wrong was I!

So far it seems to...

- kill .Net 2.0 x64 and replace \ break it with .Net 1.1 x86, which has splatted my WSS3 site... every bit of IT Knowledge and info stored in there at the mo is inaccessible until I uninstall BlackBerry and reinstall .Net

- requires Public Folders to be put back on my Exchange 2007 box (leave the past in the past?!) which also requires a reboot of the mail server

- doesn't want to connect, gives a MAPI profile error and needs more bodging there

Basically the whole thing looks like a big cludge with services and additional permissions all over the place. Windows Mobile \ Exchange ActiveSync for me any day

Now back to undoing everything I've done this morning and trying to SOS... save our sharepoint!

Edit: got SharePoint back by switching to .Net 2.0 x64 but BlackBerry only works with 1.1 x86... what a mess these frameworks are!

# Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
    # Type the following command to disable the 32-bit mode:
    cscript %SYSTEMDRIVE%\inetpub\adminscripts\adsutil.vbs SET W3SVC/AppPools/Enable32bitAppOnWin64 0
    # Type the following command to install the version of ASP.NET 2.0 and to install the script maps at the IIS root and under:
    %SYSTEMROOT%\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v2.0.50727\ aspnet_regiis.exe -i
    Last edited by gshaw; 23rd October 2009 at 12:06 PM.

Thank Post
    If you check the system requirements you'll find that it only runs on Exchange 2003, and is not compatible with Exchange 2007.

Guess now we know why

I does run quite nicely on Ex2003, I've had it running for a number of years with no problems, and staff now expect it to work. One reason I 'm not looking forward to Ex 2007 just yet!
    Last edited by garrya100; 26th October 2009 at 09:55 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by garrya100 View Post
    If you check the system requirements you'll find that it only runs on Exchange 2003, and is not compatible with Exchange 2007.

Guess now we know why

I does run quite nicely on Ex2003, I've had it running for a number of years with no problems, and staff now expect it to work. One reason I 'm not looking forward to Ex 2007 just yet!
    Maybe you've got an old version but it shows as 2007 compatible and even has the install instructions for 2007 as well...

BlackBerry - BlackBerry Professional Software Express

Despite what the RIM software says, if you ever install this devil spawn software never, ever, ever install it on your Exchange Server!!!

It's bad enough breaking the IIS on my app server but at least it only affects us in IT... killing OWA and the other Exchange IIS sites would be a disaster on Exchange

Trying to repair .NET now as something has broken again after I fixed WSS on Friday, I dread to wonder what the BlackBerry uninstaller did now...
    Edit: phew it's back... .NET repair and re-enabling ASP.NET in IIS brings back WSS
    Last edited by gshaw; 26th October 2009 at 10:15 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread