+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Windows Thread, vnc Vs rdc in Technical; lol i know that just wondered as we had to get the port for rdp opened as we are on ...
    Thank Post
    Blog Entries

Re: vnc Vs rdc

lol i know that just wondered as we had to get the port for rdp opened as we are on rm internet and dont have access to the routers they just set a web address and port for me to use

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

RDP is TCP port 3389
    VNC is TCP port 5900
    SSH is TCP port 22

Thank Post

For what it's worth, I use RDP to connect to servers and then VNC onto workstations as required. There are a couple of VNC wrappers which make getting onto PCs easy. One is GenControl, the other is ChrisControl (a very clever compiled AutoIt script).

ChrisControl gives you the option of using RDP or VNC, and will connect to an existing VNC server if it's installed. If not, it will push UltraVNC onto the PC temporarily.

I'm connecting from within a broadband consortium grid so I'm not so worried about man-in-the-middle attacks. It works great. Now that 2003 servers are out there, it's even possible to connect to the console. I also use RoyalTS to manage my RDP connections. It's fabulous.

The other tool I recomend is VNC Neighbourhood as a way of finding PCs running VNC server. You can even modify it to add extra remote management tools.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information