+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Really useful helpdesk software/tools in Technical; Hi Apologies if this is in the wrong area I couldn't find a definate area to put it in so ...

Thank Post

Really useful helpdesk software/tools

Hi
    Apologies if this is in the wrong area I couldn't find a definate area to put it in so feel free to move it mods

We already have the kayako support suite helpdesk software which is brilliant for what we do with it and serves us very well.

What I was wondering is what other bits of software do you use on your helpdesks that you now find you can't live without? Can be anything at all and completely outside the box. Just want to know if there is anything out there we don't know about that might come in really handy.

May hopefully throw up something useful for others as well, can be freeware, paid for etc

Thanks

Thank Post
    We use huru helpdesk which is an open source component for joomla, works really well. It is inspired by Liberium.

Thank Post
    Just had a look at this myself and wondered if there was a way to upload a bunch of users from a database, as we don't have a login for staff?

Thank Post
    You can sync them from joomla or just have an annoymous user and allow them to add their username/name in the box provided when users submit a new problem. Extra documentation just incase you need it.

Thank Post

SharePoint

Windows SharePoint services provides helpdesk functionality. The main advantage with SharePoint is that it integrates fully with Active Directory which means you never need to create accounts for the help desk.

Following an evaluation installation and mini-pilot, one of my Educational clients was so impressed with the WSS solution they are now running this for their Intranet, shared document storage and helpdesk solution.

SharePoint WSS 3.0 is a free download from Microsoft: Download Windows SharePoint Services 3.0

Thank Post
    Beat me to it! WSS 3.0 with the IT Team Application Workspace is quality, the knowledgebase function is brilliant for those little fixes that you can never remember a few months later

We use it here to log our calls internally and and it's made things a lot more organised

Thank Post
    I was after non-helpdesk type pieces of software so other software packages you use in addition to your "job logging software".

Although if other people are finding the other information useful that can only be a good thing

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,473 Times in 1,916 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Other bits that are helpful? Things like OCS-NG, RTFM (an add on module for Request Tracker), dotProject, Nagios, etc...

Much of what we use at the moment (helpdesk and the like) will slowly but surely be moving over to Sharepoint though, to make the school 'learning platform' a one stop shop.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread