+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, img burn in Technical; see attachment with regards to the error message I am getting. Problem downloaded img burn, installed, double click on icon ...

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 956 Posts

img burn

see attachment with regards to the error message I am getting.

Problem

downloaded img burn, installed, double click on icon on desktop and thats the error I get, I have local admin rights and can install and use other software

Tried

Downloaded and installed aspi drivers and ran the check thing and had to manually copy 2 files across into relevant directories and it says version is 0.0 and they exist but the other 2 files do not exist and I am not sure if img burn uses aspi or spti or what exactly and just need some help with ref to the error message.

Tried running the install.bat using the correct path etc in command prompt so

open command prompt ( start --> run --> cmd --> press enter or click ok )

at the prompt typed

x:\adaptec\aspi\install.bat xp32

then pressed enter ( where x is the C drive in my case )

ran the aspichk.exe and normally when I do this on xp it shows up all the files being present and installed with correct versions etc but for w/e reason I can't get it to install or work correctly

I checked the forum / faq for img burn and it states to use upx to extract the imgburn exe or its a virus - have set my computer running sophos ( works computer ) need img burn to create an iso of a number of files and need to repeat this for other files.

Anyone ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Thank Post
    Thanked 2,616 Times in 1,927 Posts
    I would try downloading and installing it again and also make sure ImgBurn is set to use SPTI (in the options). ASPI is not required to burn CDs/DVDs in Windows XP/Vista/7 so I would uninstall that too.

Have you tried excluding ImgBurn.exe in Sophos? If you need to unUPX ImgBurn to get it working I would start looking for different anti-virus software.

By the way, which operating system are you using?

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,031 Times in 956 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Arthur View Post
    I would try downloading and installing it again and also make sure ImgBurn is set to use SPTI (in the options). ASPI is not required to burn CDs/DVDs in Windows XP/Vista/7 so I would uninstall that too.

Have you tried excluding ImgBurn.exe in Sophos? If you need to unUPX ImgBurn to get it working I would start looking for different anti-virus software.

By the way, which operating system are you using?
    sorry forgot to mention, windows xp 32 bit Service Pack 2

Will try and put it as an exception and have always enabled the SPTI option when installing

Edited

Ok have done what was mentioned and still the same, aspi is installed, used ccleaner to clean registry entries to which it found some dot net framework files so not sure about re installing that as not sure if img burn requires dot net ?

any chance of a guide on how to use that up x program as never done that before and not sure what that does or what you are meant to do with that

any idea where the img burn log file is ?
    Last edited by mac_shinobi; 15th October 2009 at 08:28 AM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread