+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, DIFXapp and Unsigned Drivers in Technical; Guys and Gals Been at this for a few days tested and what not, got the signed drivers working a ...

Thank Post

DIFXapp and Unsigned Drivers

Guys and Gals

Been at this for a few days tested and what not, got the signed drivers working a treat no problems, normal users can log on and put in the hardware and it installs without the "you must be a member of the administrator group to install hardware"

Now onto unsigned drivers, ive used the microsoft tools inftocat and created a .cat file for the drivers, used the MakeCert tool to create a cert and attach it to the CAT file, ammended the inf to point this CAT File, built the MSI merged the DIFXapp module, added the MsiDriverPackages line with flags set to 8 for legacy install.

Then tested this MSI on my pc, it installed all the way and says are you sure you want to install this untrusted etc so i know the MSI works.

Exported the CER file from the CAT and put this in the GPO Trusted Root Certification Authorities, so it installs to all machines.

Therefore this should allow the driver to think its signed and therefore act in the same way as a MS signed Driver no ?

It seems to install ok, ie the drivers install, no MSI errors, there cert is in the Trusted Root on the local machine

Am i missing something out out as it still pops up the message as a standard user "you must be a member of the administrator group to install hardware"

Can anyone guid me in the right way or give how they have done it successfully.

Cheers

Scorpio

Thank Post
    Done more testeing on this and indeed my cert works, as if it isnt install on the cleinet the MSI fails, if i reinstall the cert the MSI goes on but still asks for the admin password as a standard user and and as an administrator it goes through the wizard to add new hardware, which doesnt look like the merge module is working.

Ive changed the flag to 4 as its now a signed driver in reality, and still the same.

Can anyone give me any pointers.

Cheers

Scorps

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread