+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Check which Pcs have not turned off? in Technical; I have a shutdown routine sourced from these very forums and as far as I can tell it seems to ...
    Thank Post

Check which Pcs have not turned off?

I have a shutdown routine sourced from these very forums and as far as I can tell it seems to work quite well, but of course it has just been reported that some PC's have not shut down at night (not that the staff should be doing this themselves anyway!). Went to the PC's and the scheduled task is there and when run, hey presto the PC warns the user then shuts down. Is there any way I can run a routine or script to give me a list of PC's that may have not shut down overnight as I'm not in the school every day and the teachers are in and turned on any PC before I start so makes it a bit more difficult to pinpoint what sgoing on.

Thank Post
    create this batch file and put it in task scheduale on the server

net view > C:\netviewlist.txt

3. 2 Thanks to sharkster:

bladedanny (2nd October 2009), TechSupp (2nd October 2009)

Thank Post
    Can you not just set the script to run a couple of times, for example later on at night when you know that there is definately nobody in the building using the machines, to catch the ones that were missed first time around or the ones that were switched on again?

Thank Post
    Can't run the script again as its run at logon time and sets a scheduled task on the local PC. Will try the batch file though at least that will help track down the problem or at least highlight which ones are not obeying the task. Can't see why they report some are not though...hey ho...

Just had a second thought....:-) as I'm not in every day, how can I feed the date to the filename that the list of PC's is being directed to? Come on it is Friday afetr all :-)
    Last edited by TechSupp; 2nd October 2009 at 09:40 AM.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by TechSupp View Post
    Can't run the script again as its run at logon time and sets a scheduled task on the local PC. Will try the batch file though at least that will help track down the problem or at least highlight which ones are not obeying the task. Can't see why they report some are not though...hey ho...

Just had a second thought....:-) as I'm not in every day, how can I feed the date to the filename that the list of PC's is being directed to? Come on it is Friday afetr all :-)
    There's a script on here which can be scheduled to run from the server isn't there?

Thank Post
    Its Ok now thanks, will run the batch and keep an eye on things.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread