+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Mandatory Profile \ Multiple Languages in Technical; Hi guys. Looking for some advice. We are moving at work to a more consistent and streamlined approach to our ...

Thank Post

Mandatory Profile \ Multiple Languages

Hi guys.

Looking for some advice. We are moving at work to a more consistent and streamlined approach to our Windows desktop and our roaming profiles.

We are running Windows XP SP3 and we have a Server 2003 R2 domain. We are also using Flex Profiles for our profile management.

Now the issue is that we have a UK and US offices and we wanted to use one mandatory profile to ensure consistency.

Now does anyone know a way of handling US date and times and keyboard settings if the profile is loaded in the US and then UK settings when used in the UK.

Thanks for any advice you can give

Thank Post
    i imagine your best bet would probably be to silently merge registry entries during user logon, through the users logon script for example.

Thank Post
    Thanks mate.

Yeah i have already been looking at this but to begin with you can end of your with Japanese or Chinese until it sorts its self out. just trying to come up with something more slick and not as in your face to the end user

Craig

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by WallaceTech View Post
    Yeah i have already been looking at this but to begin with you can end of your with Japanese or Chinese until it sorts its self out. just trying to come up with something more slick and not as in your face to the end user
    WTF

Anyway, back on the topic... you'll have to either have two mandatory profiles, one in each language, or do some registry hackery at logon. Hide it from the end user if you're that bothered about it.

Thank Post
    yeah, fair enough. although when i did it to change a keyboard layout from us to uk across a network i did it from the users logon script calling a reg file that made the change silently and the users never even noticed, nor did it have any adverse effect on logon performance, even though the change is getting applied each time anyone logs on.

so, will you have your own copy of the profile thats been made in the US on your local server or something?

Thank Post
    Yeah i have already been looking at this but to begin with you can end of your with Japanese or Chinese until it sorts its self out.
    not sure what you meant with by this bit though btw...

Thank Post
    WTF

Anyway, back on the topic... you'll have to either have two mandatory profiles, one in each language, or do some registry hackery at logon. Hide it from the end user if you're that bothered about it.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread