+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Domain logon via onboard WLAN Card not possible in Technical; Description: A domain logon (MSGina®) with the AMILO M7400 and AMILO PRO V2000 is not possible with onboard WLAN card. ...
    Thank Post

Domain logon via onboard WLAN Card not possible

Description:
    A domain logon (MSGina®) with the AMILO M7400 and AMILO PRO V2000 is not possible with onboard WLAN card.

Solution:

Domain logon is only possible under WLAN Clients with GINA Support. This is not possible with the XP "Standard" Client and the Odysee Standard Version.

The Odysee Pro version solves this issue.

this may sounf thick but i'm getting frustrated with this laptop that some kid has destroyed the pcmcia slot with the wireless card that was in it and now it won't work i found this on the fujitsu siemens website.

that is my problem , the only thing is that i don't know about is Odysee Pro what is it and where can i get it.

the laptop did logon to our domain with a pcmcia wireless card but seems as this is damaged i would like to get the onboard wireless working. it connects to the wireless network if you log on as local administrator automatically with this daft software which controls a soft power button for the wireless.

cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,460 Posts

Re: Domain logon via onboard WLAN Card not possible

I presume then that you have it set for the card software to control the the settings rather than XP zero config? Have you tried renabling XP control for it?

A bit more info on the wireless network it is connecting to would also help, security setup etc...

Ben

Thank Post
    Blog Entries

The trick with wireless is to let windows (the Zero config service) manage the card. That way the wireless is enabled and connected before the login box is displayed.

Most vendor provided wifi clients (with the noteable exception of intel) only run after user login, causing a unresolvable chicken and egg situation.

Thank Post

it is using windows zero config thats why i'm confused it doesn't seem to be that, thats the issue it actually only enabling the device when this piece of software loads and turns on the wireless net card.

using 128 bit wep at the time being need to set up wpa etc.. during half term along with other things it does actually connect if you put the wep key in and it connects fine.

cheers

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,632 Times in 1,460 Posts

How about unistalling the application that controls it so you only have the driver installed and then let zero config look after it?

Also check the driver settings for power saving etc...

Ben

Thank Post

tried that when you uninstall that piece of software you can't turn the wireless on.
    i'm trying the latest intel driver with gina support i'll get back if it works or not?

its like on oldish ibm's etc... that had a switch on the side to turn wireless on or off but this switch is software controlled. which is an extremely bad design!!

cheers
    kris

Thank Post

We have this with an Asus Tablet we just got. Seems that the Wifi card is not on by default, can't be set to be on by default and can only be switched on by a utility that starts up in the system tray once a user logs on. Asus tech support (who seem to be as helpful as wet fart in a hurricane) swear blindly that it is possible and that we are missing the settings in the intel software. Much wailing and gnashing of teeth commences as they have given up and just send us the same email advice each time while we send back differing descriptions and explainations about why that will not work.
    No help I'm afraid but made me feel slightly better

Thank Post

we have several laptops with a small button on the front which activates the onboard wireless card. The default is off, so once again chicken and egg. In the bios I found a setting which said "Turn on power for wireless devices and camera". This was unchecked. I checked this and rebooted. The light for the wireless card came on within moments of rebooting. Hope this helps.

Thank Post

rant
    doesn't bloody work that piece of shite software that switches the card on/off is doing my head in now found another laptop with a broken screen time to salvage some parts from it or simply just swap screens what ever seems easiest!!!

thanks for the help though guys.
    no thanks to that shite software though which has been the vain of my life today!!!!!!!

/rant

cheers kris

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread