+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, bulk create mail enabled AD user and change AD attribute? in Technical; Hi I am really hoping someone can help me. I need to do 2 things: We have an exchange server ...
    Thank Post

bulk create mail enabled AD user and change AD attribute?

Hi

I am really hoping someone can help me.

I need to do 2 things:

We have an exchange server 2007 which our teachers and other staff use and students who use Novell Groupwise 7. All users have AD accounts and the plan is students will use groupwise with their AD username and password. Staff need to be able to see students in the outlook global address list even though the mailboxes are not on exchange, to summarise I need to create a mail enable for an existing contact in Exchange pointing to their email on Groupwise.

One of the issues is our usernames are setup as yearfirstname.surname@emaildomain.com and for users to login to groupwise their username needs to be yearfirstnamesurname@emaildomain.com (just removing the dot)

I have managed to export our AD users from an OU and export it as a CSV and removed the . but now need to insert this back into ad and change the attribute for email.

At the moment for each student some have an email address in the email attribute in AD and some don't. I need to somehow insert some information into this attribute box which is username@schoolname.stu as well as bulk create the mail enabled contacts for existing AD users.

Can anyone point me in how I could do this with a CSV file. If it can be done I would really appreciate some assistance on what columns I need in the CSV. I have got most tools available to me such as powershell, exchange management shell, Quest PowerGUI, AD modify and CSVDE. If I could use any of these tools to assist me it would be great.

I am aware that once all mail enabled users are in I need to run the following command in Powershell which updates the global address list for Outlook.

update-globaladdresslist -identity "Default Global Address List" -domaincontroller {domain controller name}

Can anyone help?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Bugger! i should of read this before leaving work at 21:30 lol! i have some stuff at work which i think should help i'll email it over to you tomorrow.

I am pretty sure you can do the first thing using the exchange mailbox policy.

2nd thing i am too tired, but again i think i have something to help you on my drive at work.

Sorry i cant be anymore help tonight, but i remember helping someone with this a few months ago and i still have the stuff somewhere. as i dont need it myself i dont know of top of my head

If no one else replys before hand, i'll email you tomorrow

James.

Thank Post
    Use CSVDE for user account creation then just use AD Users and Computers to bulk select the users and add the email field in as %username%@domain.tld

Thank Post
    I worked out that I can select a number of users in AD and then enter the email address, issue is if I use %username@emaildomain.com it will use their username which is firstname.surname@emaildomain.com, I need it somehow to globally remove that dot so groupwise will pick it up.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread