+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Program wont terminate even in safe mode in Technical; Hi All, I've posted before about this problem but I've got some more info which I'm hoping someone might be ...

Thank Post

Program wont terminate even in safe mode

Hi All,

I've posted before about this problem but I've got some more info which I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with.

I've discovered that if I run the SimsApplicationsSetup.exe update file manually and then close it down straight away (without installing it), it still stays running in memory (can see it in Task Manager, processes). This is causing us no end of problems with Sims.net updates as the first part of the install never finishes (althought it does copy the files across etc).

Now here is the weird bit. Even in safe mode if I run this file, it still hangs in memory. Having the PC in safe mode pretty much rules out everything we might have running. We currently run Sophos & Altiris Client Management Suite which I thought could be the cuprits. Now with the same problem happening in Safe mode, it's rules that out as well.

Has anyone seen this problem before. About the only common factor is that the sims.net updates use the wise installer.

Other installs seem ok. But typically it's the sims.net updates that we need to get out.

Any help greatly received.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Not familiar with this app.
    The only thing I can suggest is to try checking the backgrounds of the app with "process explorer"; this might show what is keeping it open.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread