Windows Thread, Wierd dns issue in Technical; Occasionally we have staffing getting "page cannot be displayed" error from IE when trying to access E1.
Any other website ...
11th September 2009, 09:30 AM #1
Wierd dns issue
Occasionally we have staffing getting "page cannot be displayed" error from IE when trying to access E1.
Any other website works fine, if I restart DNS on the server this appears to fix the problem, there is nothing in the dns log about it but it's been frequent since we started back.
Any ideas on why we would have a problem with just 1 site occasionally?
11th September 2009, 09:42 AM #2
hmm ok it appears to be down to the fact that I configured the second nic's in the 2 DC to have a 192.168 address which is plugged into a seperate network for the SAN.
If I do a nslookup on Pearson Phoenix - e1 with those card's enabled I get a no response from server message as it tries to look it up using the 192 address.
Disabling those cards and it's fine.
11th September 2009, 09:45 AM #3
By cheredenine in forum EduGeek Shutdownertron
Last Post: 2nd March 2009, 09:19 AM
By Mr_M_Cox in forum Windows Vista
Last Post: 6th October 2008, 12:48 PM
By markesmith in forum Hardware
Last Post: 20th July 2007, 11:20 AM
By Heebeejeebee in forum Windows
Last Post: 5th July 2007, 08:24 PM
By edie209 in forum Windows
Last Post: 3rd July 2006, 01:15 PM
Users Browsing this Thread
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)