+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Policy Central and Sophos in Technical; Hi Has anyone else had issues with Policy Central when Sophos is installed on clients? Forensic are saying the the ...

Thank Post

Policy Central and Sophos

Hi

Has anyone else had issues with Policy Central when Sophos is installed on clients? Forensic are saying the the Sophos Add on in IE7 causes the policy central client to crash IE7! Sure enough, when i disable the sophos add on, IE7 works fine, or when i uninstall PCE client and renable the Sophos add on it works fine.

If anyone else has had this problem, how have you overcome it? Have you had to run IE7 with No add ons? as im not sure if i could do a GPO specifically telling the Sophos Addon to be disabled

Many Thanks

Thank Post
    Sorry to reply to your post so late...

several things make PCE unhappy, the main culprit is java. It has supposedly been fixed in a recent patch and I have seen some improvements but im not 100% its completly fixed now.

Thank Post
    How are things now with PCE. Looks like we are about to sign up and any advance warnings would be appreciated.

Thank Post
    Tons of problems with performance between PCE/Sophos/IE7

Not sure where the issue lies.

Thank Post
    None here between Sophos, PCE and IE8 (Vista SP1)..

Thank Post
    Since the last PCE update we have had no real problems.

We had an issue of it not blocking sites like youtube correctly but Forensics have given us a fix for that which seems to be working on the few clients I have it on for testing. We should be rolling it out to all clients next week.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by laserblazer View Post
    How are things now with PCE. Looks like we are about to sign up and any advance warnings would be appreciated.
    We have experienced issues with PCE/SOPHOS/IE7(&6) but we are moving most of our clients to IE8 now which appears to be stable.

We are currently running version 3009 (server and client) although some of our clients are earlier versions due to DeepFreeze and a lack of time to run round and update the versions.

Apparently there was an issue with a single version of Sophos (7.1 something I think) and PCE 3004 which caused it to hog a constant 20% of the processor but this has been fixed.

Recently I have to say updates from Forensic have been few and far between for PCE (used to be nearly every fortnight now every couple of months if not more) so hopefully the system is finally settling down.

What I must add is that the support from Forensic is great and we have developed a good rapport with the product managers and support staff they helped no end when we were first having teething issues.

Quote Originally Posted by alan-d View Post
    We had an issue of it not blocking sites like youtube correctly...
    We dont use PCE for site blocking as we have ISA filtering and LEA Filtering in place (pointless feature for most secondaries imho) but i can understand how that would be annoying if it did not work

Hope this helps
    Last edited by sister_annex; 26th March 2010 at 01:08 PM. Reason: missed a bit

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread