+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Espresso video pleyback problems, please help! in Technical; One of the primary schools we do IT support for is using the Espresso software. Except the flash videos which ...

Thank Post

Espresso video pleyback problems, please help!

One of the primary schools we do IT support for is using the Espresso software.

Except the flash videos which work ok, it consists of windows media videos that run with embedded windows media player on IE7.

The problem is that most of the times the videos wont load and might run if i refresh the page a few times.

The IP address of the espresso box has been added to the trusted zones and i have also set some policies to allow activex to run.

Anyone got any ideas???

Thank Post
    I had a similar problem that I think was to do with the version of media player we had at the time. Probably best to give their tech support a call 0800 0345 200 they are normally very good

3. Thanks to Face-Man from:

dtakias (7th September 2009)

Thank Post
    I was just talking to them on the phone. They use netviewer so they remoted into the workstation but couldnt do much. All workstations use WMP 11. I asked him if the software needs any specific group policy but he didn't know.

Basically all videos work fine on the local account, it's only under the domain account where the problems happens.

I think I am missing a GPO about activex , wmp or IE security ???

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Had this problem. It turned out to do with when the dedicated Linux Espresso server was installed. Espresso having taken on the Box themselves which replaced the previously installed RM SmartCache 2. The Workstations were connecting on most things Espresso (somehow0 but the video footage was not coming across. Turned out to be a change in the proxy server setting required - previously our proxy server was through the SmartCache 2 to SWGFL changing it direct to SWGFL fixed the problem alongside changing the exception from **.***.**.**\espresso to espresso;**.***.***.**

6. Thanks to speckytecky from:

dtakias (7th September 2009)

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by speckytecky View Post
    Had this problem. It turned out to do with when the dedicated Linux Espresso server was installed. Espresso having taken on the Box themselves which replaced the previously installed RM SmartCache 2. The Workstations were connecting on most things Espresso (somehow0 but the video footage was not coming across. Turned out to be a change in the proxy server setting required - previously our proxy server was through the SmartCache 2 to SWGFL changing it direct to SWGFL fixed the problem alongside changing the exception from **.***.**.**\espresso to espresso;**.***.***.**
    This school uses a linux box as well. Although all the proxy settings are correctly configured and the traffic does not go through the espresso box. I've tried different versions of WMP with no luck as well.

I wonder if the mandatory profiles have something to do with it? IS there a way to push out/set the default file types for video under a domain?

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread