+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Mail for exchange on Nokia E71 in Technical; Hi Just wondering if anyone can help on this issue! Have recently got a NOkia E71 and am trying to ...

Thank Post

Mail for exchange on Nokia E71

Hi

Just wondering if anyone can help on this issue!

Have recently got a NOkia E71 and am trying to setup mail for exchange but having issues...
    Have exchange server 2003 SP1 and OWA is setup and i can be accessed by web browsing.

Now i am not sure why mail for exchange won't work as its throwing a Error in exchange server. Try again later!

Have googled this and it is coming up with loads of stuff. Now is there a way of checking what might be wrong here? Do i need to check anything with EMBC at all?
    Also if mail for exchange don't work, can i use any other free software to sync my emails, contacts and calendar without having to login via OWA.

Thanks

Thank Post
    Unless things have changed, EMBC don't allow access via Exchange (MAPI) only via POP/IMAP/OWA.

I could be wrong though.
    Last edited by kmount; 30th August 2009 at 02:19 PM.

Thank Post
    Will call EMBC on tuesday and see what they say!

Thank Post
    I've got Mail for Exchange (on an e61 and e71) working over HTTPS on Exchange 2003SP2.

From recollection, you'll need to have Activesync/OMA configured on your Exchange server.

If you're accessing over HTTPS (443) as opposed to HTTP (80) and the handset is complaining about the certificate, the phone probably doesn't trust the root that the SSL certificate was issued against. When I first setup Exchange for MfE I had to have my Exchange SSL certificate re-issued against the Entrust root, as this was one of the few roots that Nokia trusts/trusted at the time.

Thank Post
    Hi Meastaugh1

Have you got full instructions on this? OUr server is 2003 SP1 and teh certificate was never bought and we just used the one issued by the server... Hope this makes sense.

How do i go about reissuing one?

Thank Post
    Marvin,

My apologies, I misinterpreted your question, I thought you were using the EMBC supplied mail provision.

Ignore my post

Thank Post
    I think all you need to is open the Exchange System Manager MMC snap-in and expand the Global Settings node and open the properties page of Mobile Services then tick the boxes. Outlook Mobile Access (OMA) in Exchange Server 2003

You can test OMA is working by browsing to the URL https://externalservername/oma
    I've also found this site useful for validating Activesync while trying to rule out MfE as the problem: https://www.testexchangeconnectivity.com/

As for the certificate, with the current setup I expect you'll find you receive warnings about the certificate from the handset everytime it tries to synchronise with the Exchange server. Since I already had a paid-for (ie not self-issued) certificate from the mail server, I just had to get the certificate provider to issue it against a CA that Nokia trusts by default. Since you currently only have a self-issued cert, I suggest you try and install it into the phone. Have a look at this thread (and others like it) and you'll find that this process is not without problems, but there are several suggestions: Nokia Support Discussions - Mail for Exchange and SSL certificate - Messaging, Email, and Browsing - Nokia Support Discussions

Looking at the release note MfE is tested on Exchange 2k3 SP2 but should work on SP1.
    Last edited by meastaugh1; 30th August 2009 at 06:52 PM.

Thank Post
    Hi

Completely given up on Mail for Exchange, has got to be something to do with Server 2003 SP1!!!

Is there any free software that could do the same thing as Mail for Exchange?

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    Don't think there is any free software. I've got Mail for Exchange working on my E71 but frankly it's a pile of brown stuff :-(

I like tidy email; I have lots of folders. Guess how many folders you can use with Nokia's Mail for Exchange? Hint: it's less than 2!!!

Thank Post
    Have just found Emoze, is that any good?

Thank Post
    Hi,

Don't give up on Mail for Exchange, it's pretty useful. When setting it up originally it seemed to make a big difference on the server address used.
    For Example: If you used https and put that at the front of the server address AND ticked the box saying use secure then it would send "Https://https://mail.example.com/" as the server address. I found this by using wireshark which might help.

Make sure the times are the same on both server and phone. Including things like time zones and day light savings, this has caused problems in the past.

Good luck
    Rich

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by marvin View Post
    Hi

Completely given up on Mail for Exchange, has got to be something to do with Server 2003 SP1!!!

Is there any free software that could do the same thing as Mail for Exchange?
    Who is your mobile phone provider? If you are using 3 then it can be done by a 3 mail client download available from their website. (Itís what I use). Absolutely nothing to setup if you already use OWA.

If you are not with 3 the client available from seven will work. SEVEN Products and sign up to be a beta tester.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread