+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, BSOD Errors, Their Details And Drivers That Cause Them in Technical; I haven't seen a BSOD for sometime but I acme across this website this evening and thought it worthy of ...

Can't talk now: The mother-ship is calling!
    Thank Post
    Thanked 1,334 Times in 919 Posts
    Blog Entries

BSOD Errors, Their Details And Drivers That Cause Them

I haven't seen a BSOD for sometime but I acme across this website this evening and thought it worthy of posting. From the website:

"Blue Screen of Death (BSODs) error screen is familiar to every Windows users. This screen can appear as a result of corruption or conflict and displays technical error details which many Window users do not understand. BlueScreenView is a handy utility to see more details of BSOD errors and helps in easy identification of drivers causing it.

A minidump file is created during every BSOD error. This utility automatically scans all minidump files created during BSOD crashes and display all the information in tabulated form. For every BSOD error crash, it displays:

- BSOD Minidump file name.
    - Date and Time of the crash.
    - Bug check code and 4 other parameters.

For every minidump file created during BSOD error, you can view details of device drivers loaded during the crash in the lower pane of this utility. It also mark the drivers that their addresses found in the crash stack, so you can easily locate the suspected drivers that possibly caused the crash.

Download BlueScreenView utility [link] to see more details of BSOD errors on your computer and identify conflicting device drivers causing such crashes. This utility does not require install: just download, unzip and double click to start using it. Very handy and useful utility to keep check on BSOD errors."

As I said I have not seen a system crash for sometime and so I have not tested the application. Posting it here in case someone will find it useful.

BSOD Error Website: Link
    Last edited by DaveP; 4th August 2009 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Adjust thread title.

2. 2 Thanks to DaveP:

leco (4th August 2009), mac_shinobi (4th August 2009)

Thank Post
    Blog Entries
    It's also worth having a look at the (free) Microsoft tools to do this - I think they give more info although it can be overwhelming.

There are details of how to go about troubleshooting stop errors here Download details: Windows Server 2003 Troubleshooting Stop Errors and that doc has links to download windbg (windows debugger) and the symbols that help make more sense of it all.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread