+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Sophos cannot connect to update server in Technical; Is anyone having difficulties in updating Sophos 'off line' from the Sophos servers today? By 'off line' I mean not ...

Thank Post

Sophos cannot connect to update server

Is anyone having difficulties in updating Sophos 'off line' from the Sophos servers today? By 'off line' I mean not from the Enterprise Console but laptops etc that update via the Internet source.

Thank Post
    There were no reported problems with updates yesterday from Sophos, are you still having issues?

Usually when updates fail on machines updating directly from Sophos clearing the following out helps:

Remove contents of:

C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Cache
    C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Data\Warehouse

Delete the file:

C:\Program Files\Sophos\AutoUpdate\Data\status.xml

Run another update and it should then work, the problem comes if something is corrupted in the local cache on the machine as this is one of the ways it decides what it needs to download, if that data is stuffed, so is the update.

Removing the above files makes it download everything again fresh.

Steve.

Thank Post
    I've found that several of my sites in the last few weeks have had the same problem, some of the credentials work and some dont, in fact the majority dont. All the licenses have a few years yet of updates but they do not work standalone. On laptops that cannot update I have used other credentials and they have updated, I hope the suggestion above works but I worry it may be an updating/license issue.

Thank Post
    In the end we imported the laptop into the Enterprise Console, got it up to date through there and added the 'offline' credentials as a secondary update source.

When taken offline and updated via the wireless the offline credentials then worked! So the only conclusion I came to is our offline installer is a bit old now and it needs updating to a more recent version before updates will come through (Possibly they've changed the update server address since 'Sophos' is hard coded)

Thank Post
    If your client was really old it may have fallen foul of a certificate issue Sophos had a while back so you couldn't update from certain older versions... had to install the newer client then it worked OK

Thank Post
    It wouldn't have been the certificate issue as that didn't affect updating from the internet, just from the enterprise console, but Sophos does have some problems upgrading very old versions of it's software sometimes so maybe that's what the problem was.

If some credentials work and others don't, you can confirm which ones you're meant to be using by emailing customerservice@sophos.com

Thank Post
    I've had the same issue with older Dell laptops that were part of the Laptops4Teachers offer four years ago. I did the same as you in the end and imported them into the Enterprise Console. Always works afterwards.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread