+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, Anyone done the MCTS? in Technical; Me and my colleague are looking to get qualified as an MCTS. We are looking to take 3 courses; 70-236 ...

Thank Post

Anyone done the MCTS?

Me and my colleague are looking to get qualified as an MCTS.

We are looking to take 3 courses;

70-236 - Microsoft Exchange Server 2007, Configuring
    70-642 - Windows Server 2008 Network Infrastructure, Configuring
    70-640 - Windows Server 2008 Active Directory, Configuring

We intend to just use the DVD resources from CBT Nuggets (unless anyone has any better ideas?)

My question is we started this say September 1st, how long do you think is realistic to go through all 3 courses and sit their exams?

Thank Post
    That really depends on their current experience and knowledge. I studied the 2003 MCSA upgrade exam and the 70-621 Exam 70-621 XP to MCTS Vista upgrade and I spent a couple of weeks on each reading the Exam Cram books and playing with a VM but I already knew a bit about the products.

If I'm being relistic and they need to start from scratch (with the product they should have a good IT background) then they will need at least two months to read through the whole course and digest it if they spent two or three hours per week. Also take a look at the MS press/exam cram books to give you a feel for the type of question that will be asked, they can be oddly phrased and quite confusing sometimes.

Also take a look at the info pages on the MS site to make sure you cover everything, sometimes the CBT vids don't cover everything. It also gives you an idea of what areas to focus on as some areas are focused on more than others.

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/en...aspx?ID=70-640
    Last edited by cookie_monster; 9th July 2009 at 01:00 PM.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread

Thread Information