+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Windows Thread, IE7 Randomly doesnt load web sites in Technical; HI Im getting an isssue on serveral computers in one room that sometimes will not load websites or partially load ...

Thank Post

IE7 Randomly doesnt load web sites

HI

Im getting an isssue on serveral computers in one room that sometimes will not load websites or partially load websites when IE7 is run.

It will eventually work when the user is logged off or IE7 is closed and re-opened.

The only thing that i think it could be is the Policy Central client software that is loaded on 22 of the machines. (we previously had securus, uninstalled the client and installed the PCE client)

The weird thing is that its very intermittant, sometime we will have the problem, sometimes not.

Has anyone else had this problem with PCE? or seen it in another instance

Many Thanks

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,510 Times in 1,206 Posts
    Yes we seem to have that exact issue where I am today and I also have exhausted all other possibilities. It also appears to be creating real problems with e-portal with page time outs, or pages constantly attempting to load.

Thank Post
    DO you use Policy Central as well?

Thank Post
    Yes, version 3.0.0.7

Thank Post
    Have you spoke to Forensic about this? if so, what have they said? have you tried taking the client off to see if that sorts the problem?

Thank Post
    We're having the exact same problems. We've spoken to Forensic but it's very hard to demonstrate an intermittent problem like this.
    It is definitely a issue with PCE and we have resorted to removing the software from staff machines as it was causing way too many problems. It's still on machines that pupils use as it is necessary from a child protection point of view.

Thank Post
    There is an update to Policy Central coming out in the next few days that is claimed should improve performance.

Pretty much every Birmingham school seems to be having issues with ePortal on machines with Policy Central installed.

Thank Post
    I have just phoned support so i will see what they have to say!!!

Thank Post
    Interesting update for you all -

Speaking with the ICT co-ordinator, we're going to proceed and remove Policy Central from machines which e-portal is used, but leave it on other machines which pupils use to see if this makes any difference.

In the meantime (interestingly), IE7 crashed on me (with Policy Central installed) and once I reloaded IE7 it was incredibly slow. I then opened up Task Manager and the CPU use was at 100%. One of the svchost processes was using 125MB of memory and rising. It appears Policy Central may possibly be triggering a memory leak in the Automatic Updates service.
    Stopping and starting the Automatic Updates service appears to return the CPU and memory use to normal levels. Something very strange is going on...

Thank Post
    Just got off the phone to Forensic and they said it was to do with the June IE7 Cumalative updates. This then caused the PCE client to have trouble. Apparantly the IE7 Updates in June were causing issues with IE7 without PCE loaded.

There is going to be a new client released which should should address these problems.

Thank Post
    The problem is this could be an on-going thing as Microsoft release security updates every other month, Policy Central could keep breaking IE

Thank Post
    I am having the same problems too. Im in the proccess of talking to Lnk2ICT about it. Would it at all be possible for who ever is having this problem to report it to Link2ICT? I think its a problem with them, could still be PCE but they should still we working to resolve it.

Thank Post
    Hi, I'm having problems where users can not open up IE7 or IE8 says something like disk Space is full?? shortcuts to e-portal brings up printer properties, its happened around June / July time around the same time we got PCE installed?

Thank Post
    Im still having issues with what seems to related to PCE. Sometime IE7 will work and some it will crash, or freeze. They said its because sophos web scanning addon is causing problems with the PCE client and to disable sophos addon in IE7.

This causes us issues as dont know how to centrally disable this add on. And i have found that when the user logs off, it doesnt retain the disabled setting.

Im now resorting to taking the client off complete to stop users getting annoyed!

Thank Post
    I've heard that Link2ICT will be ditching PCE because of the problems it is causing, i dont know how true it is though. 80% of the machines that PCE is installed on wont update via windows update. Forensic Software has even tried to trouble shoot it and supplied me with a vbs script to deploy but it doesnt work still.

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast