+ Post New Thread
Windows Thread, publisher 2003 printing everything 4* in Technical; i have a teacher that print normally in wondows or word but if i print to the colour laser in ...

Thank Post

publisher 2003 printing everything 4*

i have a teacher that print normally in wondows or word but if i print to the colour laser in the school prints 4 copies of the document. Works fine ion the b&w laser. Updated drivers on the server and all that did was make it so the printer diddnt work at all (server 2003 x64 and a hp23600n) tried the universal hp driver as well but that seems not to suppoer the 3600 (or at least the pcl5 version)

any ideas as im stumped

Thank Post
    I'm not 100% on this but a while back I heard that there's a bug in Publisher 2003 that stops it printing to other printers than the one that was selected when the document was first created. See if you can print from a new document, if you can - it's the same issue.

Only thing you can do is make a new doc and copy the contents from the old one to the new one.

Could be wrong but at least it's a start.

3. Thanks to Batman from:

sted (26th June 2009)

Thank Post
    Information for the printer selected at document creation time is saved with the document - unlike a Word.doc for instance. The publication will be laid out using the printer metrics. However, it is possible to change the printer - a message stating that the layout may be different is displayed in that case.

That aside, why exactly the document should be printing multiple copies may also be due to the settings saved at original creation time. Does the file print to other printers, one copy or multiple? Do other Publisher files printed to that printer do the same? What about Word.docs, do they multiply?

That's the trouble with Office there are just too many things to check for each "error"

Thank Post
    Thanked 1,053 Times in 922 Posts
    Welcome to the joy of Publisher 2003 and printers. Its a royal pain! It randomly does random things with drivers, and for no apparant reason a lot of the time as well! It really is random stuff!!!

On a positive note MS Re-wrote the Print engine for Publisher 2007 I believe so it actually is fairly good on that

Thank Post
    prints fine to the schools other printer (which is the default if that helps)]

i created a new file anyway just used the paper plane template figuring at least it would give the kids something to do while i was fiddling so i wasnt wasting paper lol

i saw a lot of junk on google etc about it not doing multiple copies damn u ms do some testing for once lol

actually might be worth checking office patch level as connecting to wsus via lea proxys blocks lots of updates (fills my event logs with utter pap) and office updates are ones i know dont work so it may be worth my patching office up

Thank Post
    Yep deffo worth doing the patches - get on to the LEA if they get blocked, patching can be a life saver.

Thank Post
    Quote Originally Posted by leco View Post
    Yep deffo worth doing the patches - get on to the LEA if they get blocked, patching can be a life saver.
    ive given up talking to lln its like talking to a brick wall. All tehy will say i i should use their wsus server as an upstream serer giving me 0 control over updates

SHARE:
+ Post New Thread