Ever since the last big batch of Microsoft updates, my Junk Mail Filter in Outlook 2003 has been absolute rubbish!

One of the updates in the batch was an update for the mail definitions for the Junk filter, but ever since it has been catching hardly any junk mail. Prior to that, it had been working pretty well. It even seems to be ignoring the blocked senders list.

I've been through the obvious things (checking it's turned on, lower the level then raising it again etc.) but I can't make it work. I'm getting fed up with adverts for 'medication', fake Rolex watches, dodgy diplomas and Russian dating agencies in my Inbox!

Has anyone else noticed the same thing, and more importantly, has anyone else found a fix?! I'd be interested to know whether it is a generally botched update, or whether it's just my install that gone up the wall.

While I'm on the subject, a bit of a silly question, but does it affect the accuraccy of the filter if you delete the contents of the Junk Mail folder? I've got nearly 1500 junk mails I'd like to bin completely, but have a strange idea that maybe Outlook needs them to filter new mail - like a kind-of 'learning' system?

Cheers,

Chris.